A129 Pro Duo and parking behaviour

SWoMP

Hi. Some of you may remember Viofo arranged for my main camera unit to be replaced and I also fitted ferrite cores on the rear camera wiring (to stop it interfering with my GPS position on the in-built car SatNav).

I dont get out in the car often but a few local trips seemed to show all now working well with just one niggle in that I cant seem to get the camera to power down before removal from the car. I press Stop Recording, and then hold the Menu button to power off but it just seems to start recording again. There must be a trick I'm missing somewhere...

Meanwhile...

Last week went out for a run. Fitted camera on screen before starting up and all looked well. Drove about 40 minutes and then stopped for coffee. It seemed to go into Parking mode ok and when I returned to the car and started the engine screen showed camera view. However, when I got back home, there were Front and Rear recordings for the first 40 minutes and then nothing! No parking mode clips and no driving clips for the second part of the journey. When I parked the car at home, the screen lit up with what I can best describe as an "interference image" lots of horizontal lines (but I didnt know then that recordings were missing!) - I though that was just due to my inability to get it to power off!

I intend to do another: car on / park / car on again, sequence on Wednesday but I'm not sure what I am looking for! Is it the accessory power supply but if so why doesnt recording start again with the next ignition on? Any advice gratefully received (systems settings are all main unit defaults). Firmware is V2.4.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
I press Stop Recording, and then hold the Menu button to power off but it just seems to start recording again.
What's the happening frequency of this problem?

No parking mode clips and no driving clips for the second part of the journey. When I parked the car at home, the screen lit up with what I can best describe as an "interference image" lots of horizontal lines
Please make sure the SD card is formatted. And we recommend the card of a high-quality UHS-I U1/U3 or above rating microSD card with 64G or 128G of Samsung or VIOFO high endurance series.

You can also use a multimeter to check the power voltage. If the voltage is too low, the dashcam may stop recording.

SWoMP

Some updates:

The first problem (not being able to turn off) has been noted several times. Each time the vehicle was parked but engine still running... (see also below).

Part 2(!). Went to the vehicle with a freshly formatted SD card. First thing was to measure the battery voltage with a multi-meter... 12.2V !!! (this car is less than 6 months old and low mileage so maybe the latter is causing a problem?
I guess that explains why parking mode not invoked (accessory feed cutout set at 12.4V), but does not explain why it didn't start recording when engine restarted in my original test run. Planned test on vehicle didn't seem worth doing.

Took unit home to my desk, and powered it up using the USB direct power cable. Started recording and then disconnected power after about 5 minutes recording. Waited five minutes then restarted power and ran for another 5 minutes. This time I powered off using the Stop Recording by clicking Rec button, then whilst not recording, holding Menu button for about 5 seconds. This successfully powered off the unit (cable then disconnected). Examination of the SD card showed recordings for both five minute sessions...

I'm beginning to suspect both problems are due to the vehicle low voltage so will get it charged up and then run the planned test. May take a few days to organise...

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
I recommend running a long drive to assure the battery has enough power to support the dashcam. Waiting for the test result!