a129 pro duo enters the wrong type of parking mode

Marky Mark

I just got my a129 Pro Duo and installed it with an HK3ACC hardwire kit. So far I'm very impressed but there seems to be a problem with parking mode. I know I wired it up right because the mode icon changes immediately when I shut the engine off. I have parking mode on and set to auto event detection with g-sensor sensitivity high and motion medium. But instead of doing that, it goes into low bitrate parking mode. I've tried rebooting, reformatting the sd card, factory resetting the camera and reinstalling the firmware but nothing seems to help. I can't afford to sit through 10 hours of video to try to locate a video of a incident. Please help.

Last edited:

benkar

I just got my a129 Pro Duo and installed it with an HK3ACC hardwire kit. So far I'm very impressed but there seems to be a problem with parking mode. I know I wired it up right because the mode icon changes immediately when I shut the engine off. I have parking mode on and set to auto event detection with motion sensitivity high and motion medium. But instead of doing that, it goes into low bitrate parking mode. I've tried rebooting, reformatting the sd card, factory resetting the camera and reinstalling the firmware but nothing seems to help. I can't afford to sit through 10 hours of video to try to locate a video of a incident. Please help.
Did you try to set low sensitivity?

Marky Mark

Yes, and it makes no difference. It's recording back-to-back videos of a out 40Mb size (1 minute looping). There is NO motion at all in most of the videos and even hitting the camera itself doesn't induce a recording. Also, all of the files show unlocked and in the regular videos folder. So if an incident happened while I was away for an extended time, it might just get written over anyway.

Marky Mark

Here's a look at how I have my settings configured if that helps at all.

Capture Your Action

Check the settings on the camera itself (not on the app)to ensure the settings are correct.

Parking mode files have their own looping cycle, so they should not get overwritten by regular driving files.

Marky Mark

I set the settings on the camera. It's just easier to screenshot from the app. I confirmed they are all the same.