A129 Pro/Duo Only recording 2 frames per second. Why? (SOLVED!)

GaryWatson

Been going back and forth with Viofo support and I don't think they understand the question. My video, front and back, is only recording two frames per second or so, or at least that's how it looks on a Macbook Pro using Quicktime or FinalCut (the audio is fine). I've tried copying the files to my local disk to see if that's the problem and it's not. I tried reformatting the 64gb Samsung Pro Endurance U1 card to see if that helps and it doesn't. I bought a new 128GB U3 card and it has the same problem. I'm using the official Viofo car mounting kit which was professionally mounted. I uploaded a sample clip to Viofo and you might also be able to download it from here: https://we.tl/t-2XRXal42Cd The time lapse mode is not enabled. Firmware is at 1.3

GaryWatson

Turns out it's recording at normal frame rate - if I watch the video on my new iPad Pro it plays fine. If I watch it on my 1 year old MacBook Pro or my 7 year old MacBook Pro (both have SSD drives) with either Quicktime or Final Cut Pro, something is wrong in the Viofo video format which makes the Mac only show 2 frames per second. Both of the Macs have the very latest released MacOS.

benkar

Turns out it's recording at normal frame rate - if I watch the video on my new iPad Pro it plays fine. If I watch it on my 1 year old MacBook Pro or my 7 year old MacBook Pro (both have SSD drives) with either Quicktime or Final Cut Pro, something is wrong in the Viofo video format which makes the Mac only show 2 frames per second. Both of the Macs have the very latest released MacOS.
Yes, I don't see a problem with that video. Framerate is 30 FPS.