A129 Pro Duo received with firmware V1.3 installed.

Mudwin

Hi, I only got the A129 pro duo 4K the other day. After spending most of the evening trying to format various size memory cards on pc to fat32 and every time it failed to format. I decided to see what phone app showed for firmware. It said it was up to date. Put my reading glasses on to check screen again. It came with firmware V1.3 build 20200103 installed. When I checked on Support page it lists V1.1 as latest firmware. So thinking it must have wrong firmware installed I contacted Viofo support. They said I have latest firmware and didn’t need to do anything with the firmware. If V1.3 is the latest then surely they should correct the V1.1 they have listed as latest?
678 679 No idea why it’s rotated picture.

hochiinn

actually, if you check this forum, i think there is a 1.7. and i agree with you. kinda makes one think about customer support. also, if you use the camera to format, it will format to fat32. in a helluva lot less time than the pc

Capture Your Action

Some A129 Pros came with V1.3. It was a small update to fix a bug that I have never seen anyone have (something about a latent image on the lcd screen), so maybe they assumed it wasn’t worth posting on the main firmware page.
There are a few beta firmware versions, V1.7 being the latest, but unless your having an issue, just stick with V1.1 until the official release.

Mudwin

Thanks for the info. I did try to format on dash cam, but kept going into card reader mode when attached to pc. Because it failed to format the cards correctly on pc, both the pc and the dash cam wouldn't read them... so formatted them back to exfat on pc and gave up. After the reply from support, I've left it as it is. I'll use the dash cam for future formatting.

Capture Your Action

Plugging into the computer will always cause the camera to enter Mass Storage Mode. You need to use a USB wall charger and the supplied short data cable or power in your car.
PC will not format cards over 32GB to fat32. You need to use a GUIFormat program or something similar to format larger cards on the PC. For the Pro, you can use exFat, but always format again inside the camera.

Mudwin

Plugging into the computer will always cause the camera to enter Mass Storage Mode. You need to use a USB wall charger and the supplied short data cable or power in your car.
PC will not format cards over 32GB to fat32. You need to use a GUIFormat program or something similar to format larger cards on the PC. For the Pro, you can use exFat, but always format again inside the camera.
Yeah I could have saved myself a lot of hassle knowing that last night...LOL. Did find a youtube video on using a usb battery pack to get the menu up. Hind sight is a wonderful thing. After experiencing the heat a card produces when doing the long format option in a card reader, combined with the heat the pro gives off when recording, I didn't want to melt it off the windscreen...LOL. Will use the cam to format.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
The latest V1.7 firmware support format the card as exFat in the camera menu. We are still testing, not far to release.

trixdesigns

Some A129 Pros came with V1.3. It was a small update to fix a bug that I have never seen anyone have (something about a latent image on the lcd screen), so maybe they assumed it wasn’t worth posting on the main firmware page.
There are a few beta firmware versions, V1.7 being the latest, but unless your having an issue, just stick with V1.1 until the official release.
That's actually great news.. as I've had that happen on multiple occasions. Not only does the screen freeze with a latent image, but all recording stops. the only way to recover from it is to remove power from the camera, at which point it slowly dies as the capacitor is drained.

SolRayz

The latest V1.7 firmware support format the card as exFat in the camera menu. We are still testing, not far to release.
Any update on this? All we ever hear is that update is coming and months go by. I mean what is this?

xiongguoy

Months? the latest 1.7T was released less than a month ago. Viofo has been consistently releasing at least 2 firmware updates every month since release Aug 2019.

SolRayz

Months? the latest 1.7T was released less than a month ago. Viofo has been consistently releasing at least 2 firmware updates every month since release Aug 2019.
Where is this 1.7T update, because from VIOFO website the official update is still 1.1 for A129Pro.

xiongguoy

v2.2 is for the A129, not the pro.

v1.1 is just for the american website. the polish website offers v1.3

The 1.1 on the site was also a beta, just that they post it on american site.

The firmware, app and website may be managed by different teams in different countries and may not have all their data in sync.

Capture Your Action

The last beta I received was V2.2, at least that’s what I was told the version was. Once installed, it’s actually V1.7T, which was released awhile ago. Maybe it was just miscommunication, not sure.