A129 Pro - WiFi is terrible. Camera stuck on, can't power off or change settings.

benkar

I need the wi-fi to view and download the video to my phone while in the car which is the reason I bought this specific camera.
I see. Me if I want to view videos in the car, so I go through the monitor car radio and if in the comfort of my home, so I take the camera (or just a card) home and replay it in a PC. Everyone likes something different. It is true that once they have given the possibility of wifi, so it should work properly.

Capture Your Action

I think it is problem with GPS. Read the other thread about the problem.
Most likely a bug with either the camera firmware or app software. My guess is it's the app software since no one has a problem with GPS until they try to connect their phone.

Esw2005

So the wifi works anywhere in the car even when next to the the stuff near the mount but doesn't work when docked to the GPS unit. Hopefully this will get fixed. I bought this one for the wifi convenience of downloading videos without taking the unit inside my house

Capture Your Action

So the wifi works anywhere in the car even when next to the the stuff near the mount but doesn't work when docked to the GPS unit. Hopefully this will get fixed. I bought this one for the wifi convenience of downloading videos without taking the unit inside my house
Can it be mounted to the GPS, but the GPS turned off in the cameras settings?

AndroidREM

OCD Tronic (where I bought my A129 Pro Duo from) sent me a link they just got from Viofo to an updated firmware that fixed the problem with GPS conflicting with the app. I let them know it worked so it should be public soon.

LeJerk

What version is the new firmware? What else did it change?

positor1

I have just discovered this problem, luckily before i installed it.
I have tried to find a definitive cause as the camera does not always lock up when activating wifi.
things i am sure it is not:
heat
rear camera connected
duration of being power up
as a result of connecting to the phone

what appears to cure it is to cycle the power and then test by turning wifi on (wait a min after booting)
If the blue app message stays on screen it is wrong so cycle the power again.
It seems to not initialise correctly every time.