A129 PRO Wifi station missing?

MiamiC70

That’s another brilliant move by VIOFO. I guess they are in the “less is more” camp.

Tam1978

What I don't get is if it's available on the regular A129 and they have this code, then why don't they add it to the Pro and Plus?

xiongguoy

There are alot of things to consider with adding firmware code.
The Pro and Plus may not have enough storage to store this new code, as they already contain additional stuff that the normal does not have.
It could also be limitation of heat and power, as again, the Pro and Plus generate more heat and consume more power as they have more stuff to do compared to the normal.
There is another thread comparing the heat generated and power consumption with the normal and Pro and they are significant.

There is alot more involved with a WiFi client compared to a WiFi AP.
Dumb AP just needs to broadcast SSID, accept anyone with correct auth, and assign IP first come first server retire after time out.

Client on the other hand needs to be able to scan for SSID, handshake and negotiate auth, request and renew IP, etc etc.
Alot more code and processing involved.

Tam1978

I understand and agree that there may be reasons where it's not possible to add some or all of these features.

However, instead of us asking Viofo many times without any answers, wouldn't it be nice for Viofo to say something like...It's not possible or it's very difficult to do and we're working on it, but no promises or timeline? I'm not too concerned about it and can live with whatever answer they give. Until I get an official answer from Viofo, I guess I'll just keep asking every once in a while. No biggie and here's hoping that it's possible and some day, hopefully sooner, we'll be surprised with a new feature for the A129 Pro!