A139 low FPS viewing video on Mac Mini-SOLVED

NH2021

Has anyone seen this issue, or know of a fix for it?

Just bought and set up an A139 2 channel. FW1.2. Cigarette lighter power cord.

I reset settings to default and tried 3 different memory cards.
I changed WiFi to 5GHz, but issue was occurring before that.

When I look at live feed over iPhone, it looks like real time video.
If I look at the video files on the camera through the iPhone, they look like real time video.

When looking at the video on the card, I get 1 to 2 frames per second on the video and the audio sounds like normal.
I viewed the video on a Mac Mini through Quicktime, and VLC.
I also viewed on a Dell laptop with 4K display, all 1 to 2 frames per second.

The first card is Blackvue 32 GB. M32bI(or little 'L', or '1')2 It has a U with a '1' in it.
The second card is SanDisk Ultra Plus 32 GB.It has a C with a 10 inside of it.
The third card is SanDisk ImageMate PRO 128GB. It has a U with a 3 inside if it.

I guess it looks like time lapse, but it is turned off, and I'm getting audio. Parking mode is also turned off.

Last edited:

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

Could you share some pictures of your SD cards?

Generally, we recommend you use a high-quality UHS-I U1/U3 or above rating microSD card with 64G or 128G of Samsung, VIOFO, or Transcend high endurance series.

We suggest you try to format your cards referring to this link: How to format the microSD card? : VIOFO Support Center

NH2021

After looking at multiple forums and threads, I think I solved the issue.
It involves holding the mic button to change the video encoding from H.264 to H.265.

The problem with the Dell laptop was that the file properties->details showed as 2 frames per second, but is working correctly now.
I am able to view the videos on the Mac, and can import them into my video editor.

I am not able to tell from the app which encoding is used is used on the camera. Is it possible for the settings page to show which encoding the camera is using? I'd like to be able to verify the setting from time to time.

NH2021

is it possible you are viewing the parking mode files?
Parking mode is turned off and the files do not have a P in the file name.

Since holding down the mic button for a few seconds, the files have been coming out as HVEC instead of H.264.
Playback on the Windows and Mac have been smooth.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
After looking at multiple forums and threads, I think I solved the issue.
It involves holding the mic button to change the video encoding from H.264 to H.265.

The problem with the Dell laptop was that the file properties->details showed as 2 frames per second, but is working correctly now.
I am able to view the videos on the Mac, and can import them into my video editor.
Well done! A good solution for this problem!
I am not able to tell from the app which encoding is used is used on the camera. Is it possible for the settings page to show which encoding the camera is using? I'd like to be able to verify the setting from time to time.
Sorry to tell you that there is no encoding information in the app. And currently, we don't plan to add this function due to some reason.