At low bitrate recording The camera A129 gets stuck

guyshuster007

Hello,

The camera A129 is connected through the parking 3wire cable kit system.
At low bitrate recording.
The software has been updated to 1.5.

The problem-
At the switch between parking mode and driving mode the camera works fine and switch good but after couple of times turning the car off and on the cam gets stuck, the recording stops, the left led light of the recording blinks and the only way is to turn off the camera physically from the cable and restart it.
In order to allow the camera to record properly, I turned off the recording mode and the camera is working ok.

Please help.

Regards,
Guy

guyshuster007

The camera was reset, worked ok at low bitrate mode and after 2 days stopped recording, the left recording led proceed blinking and the camera is stuck until I shut it down from the power cable.
Only when I turn Off the Parking mode the camera starts to work ok and record only when the car is working.
Please help, I think it is a bug at recognizing the the turn off and on the engine.

Mar.S.

I did not ask what card you have. You should go by the exception method. Can you replace the 3-wire cable kit to check? I strongly doubt it. Therefore, replace the memory card first and check the result.
The second option is the wrong point to connect the yellow cable for 3-wire hardwire kit. But the memory card is easier to check.

Last edited:

Systeman

Hello,

The camera A129 is connected through the parking 3wire cable kit system.
At low bitrate recording.
The software has been updated to 1.5.

The problem-
At the switch between parking mode and driving mode the camera works fine and switch good but after couple of times turning the car off and on the cam gets stuck, the recording stops, the left led light of the recording blinks and the only way is to turn off the camera physically from the cable and restart it.
In order to allow the camera to record properly, I turned off the recording mode and the camera is working ok.

Please help.

Regards,
Guy
I've had the same problem a few times, plus others too. Like this one:
Date change at 10:45hrs instead of approximatly midnight.

If you know that your FAT32 formatted micro SD card is of a good quality and class 10 with a high write speed, I really do not think changing the SD card is a fix. VIOFO dashcams are great and I'm sure VIOFO are taking these technical issues into account for any future firmware updates to address them.

Jimmy

You are not alone, I am having the same problem (camera jamming up and needs to be unplugged), but when plugged back in the camera has set itself back to default settings.