Audio Processing issue

dagodoy

Hi Everybody!!!

I bought the Git2 Pro camera and I'm very happy with it.
I found a very disappointing issue: Audio recording Processor.

The mic volume decrease down suddenly when a hard sound is recorded by the camera. It's ok that it decrease the volume a few seconds to avoid saturation but it keeps low without restoring to original volume.

Example:

When recording a normal day in a park, childs and animal sounds are the main source of sound. Then, suddenly a firework sound is heard near to me. The camera decrease the volume to avoid saturation, but it sholud increase it after a few a seconds. Iinstead that, the recording sound keeps low until I stop the recod.

This happens too when recording underwater. When recording inside a pool, underwater sound is the one of air bubbles hitting the camera. It functions fine. But when you go out of the pool, without stopping the record, the audio level keeps low and everything you could talk or hear is captured in a very low level by the camera. I need to stop recording and begins again to hear everything in anormal sound level.

Mic audio level featura was tested in Low, Medium and High... The issue is present in all 3 options.

Is this an abnormal function of the mic or something you could solve by firmware upgrade?

Compared to GoPro cameras, they rules in this matter.

Anyone with this issue?

Pier28 Taylor

Cannot duplicate with 4 or 5beta firmware.. With multiple cameras with multiple scenarios including what you described. Sorry:/ Sounds like a bad mic connection or something like that.

Also I crashed 2 cameras upgrading to the 5beta firmware...