Automatically Exit Parking Mode?

AlphaTango11

Hi, I recently bought the A129 Pro off of Amazon. My camera is constantly powered through the camera USB port (not the GPS module) and set to enter parking mode (Automatic Event Detection) after some time (not sure, I have the timer from the newest firmware set to 90 seconds but it takes a loop or two of recording before going into parking mode. Could be from motion detection, not sure). This works fine.

However, I would like for the camera to automatically EXIT parking mode when I start driving. I thought I read somewhere that it should be able to automatically switch over to that when your GPS is above 8KM/H or something similar? Is there a way for the camera to automatically EXIT parking mode without the official HK3 kit? I have a Tesla where the 12V battery is constantly charged by the main battery pack and the port I am using receives constant power, I don't really want to have to find a switched fuse. The camera receives constant power regardless, I just want it to switch out of parking mode into driving mode automatically somehow. I am on the newest firmware (2.1) and I have reset to default settings. Is this possible?

Fishrman

Although I have a regular A129 Duo I have the same issue. My camera is powered constantly from a powerbank. Unfortunately, the camera does not exit parking mode. What is more, since 2.1 firmware it started shutting down WiFi while ENTERING parking mode, but does not re-enable it back :/ ... SO: After starting the vehicle the camera is still in parking mode, it keeps on detecting G-sensor and saves a recording and does not turn on WiFi.... I can't believe the camera cannot wake itself properly when having a GPS location updates coming ... Frankly speaking I am starting to get frustrated with that parking mode :/

iamsan

I got the same issue with the A129 Pro I just purchased a few days ago. The camera was powered by powerbank too. It enters parking mode in 5 min, as expected. After the car is on the move, the camera is stuck in parking mode for at least 5 more minutes. Perhaps it has trouble receiving the GPS signal? My last dashcam(not Viofo) uses G sensor to monitor any movement and exit parking mode as soon as the car is on the move, which is a much better idea.
Firmware is 2.5 and it still comes with the same issue people are having 1.5 years ago. I must say I am quite disappointed. Not to mention that the Wifi module is faulty. I don't use the Wifi feature so that's something I can live with. I may return it before it's too late.