AV out adapter

mikeluscher159

Has anyone found an AV out adapter that'll actually fit into a mounted A129 Duo with the rear camera and USB plugged in?

I've bought several, but the connector/shroud is much too big and chunky to clear when the other connectors are used

I'd like to use AV out to go into the AV input of my nice new head-unit, with a breakout to traditional RCAs

benkar

Has anyone found an AV out adapter that'll actually fit into a mounted A129 Duo with the rear camera and USB plugged in?

I've bought several, but the connector/shroud is much too big and chunky to clear when the other connectors are used

I'd like to use AV out to go into the AV input of my nice new head-unit, with a breakout to traditional RCAs
I have a camera connected to the radio display - see pictures. But I had to buy atypical 3 Hardware cable (with straight USB connector).

Attachments

mikeluscher159

I know, I bought all of those things

My issue is, the male part of the RCA connector is too big to clear the rear camera and USB power connectors

I could force it, but that'd stress the USB power connector very badly, and it's already loose

I need a very short, no shroud, low profile 4 pin 3.5mm cable to clear the other connectors

benkar

If you have a 3 HW cable kit with a DIRECT USB connector (it's atypical!), you can't have any problem plugging all 3 connectors into the camera (2x mini USB + 3.5 jack for AV).

benkar

Ah.

That's the problem, my 3 wire kit has a 90° on the end of it, for reasons unknown

I'll have to track down a 90° Micro USB adapter
Ah.

That's the problem, my 3 wire kit has a 90° on the end of it, for reasons unknown

You have a 90 ° USB connector at the power supply - as I expected. You need direct! It's ATYP - ask for it at Viofo. It is possible to buy it. UX designers didn't make it very well :-(

Attachments

Last edited:

Capture Your Action

Ah.

90 degree adapters will not work as they probably won't have the correct number of pin connectors (others have tried). You can swap the rear cable around so that the straight end is connected into the camera and the 90 degree end is at the rear camera.

dbusguy

That is correct, you can ignore the labels on the cord and reverse it. I used the 90 deg end on the rear hatch to get it up close to the top of the window. There is just enough room to still unplug it if need be. Give it a try.

benkar

That is correct, you can ignore the labels on the cord and reverse it. I used the 90 deg end on the rear hatch to get it up close to the top of the window. There is just enough room to still unplug it if need be. Give it a try.
View attachment 410
Nice, but the cable would be nice to hide.. This is not very aesthetic. But this is a my subjective view. Sorry.

benkar

True but it stretches out straight when the hatch is open.View attachment 411
I led the cable under the ceiling and then the rubber grommet between the 5th door and the door frame. You also have a grommet there, I think it could be. I'll add a photo tomorrow.

Attachments

Last edited: