Best Firmware for my 2.5 Years old A129 Duo for parking Mode?

IndexTM

Type: Viofo A129 Duo
Date of purchase: December 2018
Serial number: A129D18390*** (do you need the complete serial number or is that enough?)
used Memory card: Transcend 300S microSDXC Class 10 UHS-I U3 V30 A1 95/45MB/s 128GB
Which Firmware should i use? 1.2, 1.3, 1.5, 1.8, 1.9, 1.9.5, 2.0? The Viofo app suggests me to update to version 2.0!

I connected my dashcam to the car battery of my "Ford Focus MK4 2019" 2 days ago with the original "Viofo Hardwire Kit HK3". I have tested the "Auto Event Detection". Parking G-Sensor High, Parking Motion Detection High, Bitrate Low, WDR off, GPS off, WIFI off.

Firmware 2.1: the Parking Mode (Auto Event Detection) doesn't work. When I turn off the car, the dashcam stays in driving mode and record continuously.

Firmware 1.9: the dashcam jumps into Parking Mode (Auto Event Detection), but it only detects movement occasionally. I parked the car at 21:15 pm. Until 5 o'clock am, he recorded videos from time to time. From 5 o'clock am to 11 o'clock am, when I was then at the car, he has recorded nothing. My car app did not notify me that the battery voltage is too low and the HK3 is set to 12/24V.

1.9 > If I set Bitrate to "Low", it jumps and start parking mode instantly after I turn off the engine.

(See vieeo) 1.9 > If I set Bitrate to "High", it takes up to 40 seconds to switch to parking mode. At 18:51:36 I turn off the engine, 18:51:39 the clock stops and 18:52:16 the clock is running again and the dashcam jumps into parking mode. It freezes? After that, it takes another 2 minutes to activate the parking mode.

Video:

I added a second clip at the end of the video. (at 1:42 min) When the dashcam is in parking mode, the lamp of recording and sound is on permanently. In the meantime, the recording flashes for about 20 seconds. Is this normal? (I made the video 1.5x faster with video editing to shorten the video.)

I don't know yet if I want to use "Auto Event Detection" if it is unreliable. I may use "5fps or 10fps" time laps instead.

Last edited:

IndexTM

V2.1 doesn't switch to parking mode.

V1.9T7 (beta) wants to switch to parking mode after about 3 minutes, but doesn't manage it. The LED flashes and it beeps all the time. I have to press REC manually so that it takes over to the parking mode.

V1.9 parking mode woks, but it records almost nothing ... only the first 2-3 hours after I have parked the car.... The car battery still has enough volts. 12.4V when I get in the car in the morning and I have set the HK3 to 12.0V.

V1.8 I have installed now. The parking mode works. Let's see if it records as crappy as V1.9

after each update I have performed a reset with the reset button and additionally in the menu. I have also set the dashcam correctly! I do everything correctly! It is not up to me! But on the firmware! The car battery still has enough volts. 12.4V when I get in the car in the morning and I have the HK3 set to 12.0V.

please help your customers and release a new (working) firmware! every third post here in the forum informs you that there are problems with the parking mode!!!! Stop ignoring it!

Last edited:

hydrolic11

This post is very thorough. I too, wonder what is the best firmware/settings

IndexTM

V1.8 didn't record one video from 7pm last night until 10am this morning.

today the update with the Viofo App to V2.0 (2020/07/30) worked. Is there any changelog for this? I can't find any information about this version anywhere.

With V2.0 The dashcam successfully switches to parking mode after 3 minutes. let's see if it records anything with (auto event detection) Test with 64 GB Kingston memory card.

First thing I would try is another memory card.
I own these memory cards. I will try the 64 GB Kingston.

1) 128 GB Transcend 300S XC > Class 10 UHS-I U3 V30 A1 > R 100MB/s W 40MB/s (used for all tests)

2) 64 GB Kingston XC > Class 10 UHS-I U3 V30 A1 > R 100MB/s W 80MB/s (I use now for test with firmware 2.0)

3) 64GB Sandisk Ultra XC > Class 10 UHS-I > R 90MB/s W 80MB/s

4) 16GB Samsung HC > Class 10 UHS-I > R 24MB/s W 20MB/s (use to install the firmwares)

Last edited:

Capture Your Action

There are a few firmware versions where the camera does not immediately enter parking mode when the car is shut off. This is when using the HK3 hardwire kit. V1.9 will enter immediately and seems to be the most used version.

IndexTM

I have now tried again V2.1 ; V2.0 ; V1.9T7 and V1.9 with three different memory cards. the same problem with each one.. It detects movements and impacts for about 3-4 hours in park mode and then stops. Although everything is connected correctly, everything is set correctly and the car battery still has enough volt.

when I asked support for help with troubleshooting, I only received the following answer:.... Is this a joke that you are glad that I have problems? And recommended me to use the latest firmware, although I tell you that it doesn't work for me?

I will now sell the dashcam and buy one from another manufacturer if viofo will not help and can't create a working firmware.

Last edited:

IndexTM

When you say it stops, is it just the recording that stops or is the camera turning off?
The camera doesn't turn off, it just doesn't respond to movement or impacts. I can walk around in front of the front and back camera and shake the car, it just doesn't record anything anymore.

When I shake the car a lot, sometimes a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark appears on the screen. However, it is not recorded.

Capture Your Action

When I shake the car a lot, sometimes a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark appears on the screen. However, it is not recorded.
Shaking the car usually won't trigger the g-sensor. When it does, it should be stored in the RO folder. I assume you looked there?

IndexTM

Shaking the car usually won't trigger the g-sensor. When it does, it should be stored in the RO folder. I assume you looked there?
Yes. I check the contents of the memory cards on the PC. Is that normal with the big yellow triangle and the exclamation mark on the screen? What does it mean?

Capture Your Action

Yes. I check the contents of the memory cards on the PC. Is that normal with the big yellow triangle and the exclamation mark on the screen? What does it mean?
Triangle with ! means g-sensor was triggered. Those are locked files and get stored in the RO folder.

IndexTM

Triangle with ! means g-sensor was triggered. Those are locked files and get stored in the RO folder.
Anyway, no matter which firmware or memory card I use, after a few hours nothing is recorded in parking mode (auto event detection). maybe my cam doesn't work with the new firmewares or the camera has a defect. V1.5 or older without buffering I will not test.

Capture Your Action

Anyway, no matter which firmware or memory card I use, after a few hours nothing is recorded in parking mode (auto event detection). maybe my cam doesn't work with the new firmewares or the camera has a defect. V1.5 or older without buffering I will not test.
Have you tried adjusting the Parking Mode motion sensitivity?

hydrolic11

I'm using firmware 2.1 and it seems like its not entering Parking Mode at all either. Seemed to be fine when I was on 1.9, I haven't tried 2.0 though. Maybe I should downgrade and see. Where can I get the 2.0 firmware?

ViofoCanadaUser123

I have FW 1.9 on my 2018 A129 Duo. I use the BlackBoxMyCar Bi-750 and Parking Mode works fine. I use the Spliced 3-Wire cable from BBMYC that came with the Bi-750. They tell me this cable will enable Parking Mode to work.

Currently, I have the battery plugged into the cig-lighter (5 A) but will soon hook battery to the fuse box using the 2 ACC tap-a-fuse. This gives the battery 12 A to charge the battery faster.