Best Setting for Mountain Bike Riding

NevNutz

Please could someone give me the best settings to set my git2 up for mountain bike riding with a chest harness and for helmet cam mount.

Smartin

I am using the Git2 for mountainbike riding too. The camera is mountet to the frame of the bike. I don´t like those shaky Gopro clips.
My settings are almost like factory standard. Resolution is 1080p/60 with a 128GB-Card.

Quick capture: on
Beep: on
Image Rotation: off
OSD Info: on
Car Mode Auto-Start: off
Custom Text Stamp: off
LED Status: All LED on
Screen Auto Sleep: 15s
Auto Power Off: 3 minutes
Frequency: 50Hz (i´m located in Germany)
TV Mode: Pal
Wifi-Mode: AP
Wifi Auto Start: off

Loop recording: 3 Minutes (this makes smaller files)
Record Audio Level: medium
Date Stamp: off
Time Lapse: off (i´m doing timelapse effects in my video software)
Video Snapshot Timer: off
White Balance: Auto
EV: +-0,0
Shutter Speed: Auto
ISO: Auto
Color: Normal
Contrast: normal
Gyro Stabilization: On (important)
WDR: on
Slow Montion: off
Sharpness: normal
Metering: Centre
FOV: Wide Angle
Video Bitrate: medium
Motion Dedection: off
G-Sensor: off

DJ Brown

Set your EV to -2 and run 1080p 60 in good light and 1080p 30 in lower light. higher bitrate means more information captured=better quality so run it on high. sharpness at low it will make things look smoother while riding. also try to shoot at lower ISO speeds when it is really bright and if its darker set ISO to 400 so it wont be to grainy. it may be darker but it will look more real and how it looked when you were riding it. as for color i just use normal and cloudy or daylight w/b. Auto an make the video look different over the course of the video. Gyro on the chest is better off imo as you get to more of the bars and arms and it is not very shaky anyway. On a Helmet you can get suuuppeerr smooth looking video with gyro on and the right angle can get the front wheel good as well. Im still messing with settings as i got this just before fall and we are just coming out of winter. Takes some great shots tho. View attachment 157 View attachment 158 View attachment 159

Last edited by a moderator:

Smartin

This is my latest video. I´m wondering about those artefacts in the blue of the sky.
Is there something that I could change in the settings?

Neb

I found that recording at 4:3 and stretching the picture to 16:9 afterwards gives the same picture as the gopro superview, you get more of the top and bottom of the image.

Smartin - i cant see any artefacts?!

Zaki Bowden

Hi when I'm filming whether gyro or no gyro footage is super Shakey when using a chest cam Is there a fix in firmware update I'm running v1.6 atm

Neb

You need to have the chest mount really tight or it wobbles and there is only so much the gyro can do.

You also need the camera attached to the chest mount with no extension pieces as it just increases unwanted movement of the camera.

I have the chest mount done up as tight as it will go, with the chest strap of my rucksack as tight as it will go underneath the camera as a brace.

A video from last year!

Last edited by a moderator:

Txorrotxiki

You need to have the chest mount really tight or it wobbles and there is only so much the gyro can do.

You also need the camera attached to the chest mount with no extension pieces as it just increases unwanted movement of the camera.

I have the chest mount done up as tight as it will go, with the chest strap of my rucksack as tight as it will go underneath the camera as a brace.

A video from last year!
Hi Neb.
I really love the way your video looks ( actually, I like the three of them you have in vimeo); it seems like it has been shoot with your gitup attached to a gimbal: no shake (even though those stones on the track), very smooth and clean.
You said you have your chest mount really tight, but I wonder what kind/brand chest harness do you use.
On the other hand, when you say "the camera attached to the chest mount with no extension pieces"; what do you mean ?. I use my gitup Git2 inside the waterproof case (so it´s protected) and hooked to the chest harness with a screw.
Neb, if you don´t mind, I´d like to know all the details about how you get those smooth shots with your Gitup Git2 because that is just what I looking forward to get with my gitup using no gimbal.
Thanks.

Jose