Buffered Parking Mode

Alshamal

I have my 129 Duo working fine in normal drive mode comes on recording as set ! But when it comes to the Bufferd Parking Mode it's on motion detection lowest setting and it is recording as described So many seconds before the the reason for the recording and so many seconds after to a total of 45/60 seconds which is great ! The only trouble is it's recording 100 s of nothing there !!

What are you guys getting results? And the best result with which settings are you using?

I just wonder what we are expecting in the next firmware update?

Last edited:

Mark Rice

I am having exactly the same problem when the parking mode is set to Auto Event Detection. I have tried setting the motion detection and parking G sensor to LOW but it still just keeps recording 100s of 45s videos - even though there is no movement around the car. I have had to turn parking mode off because it is just filling up the card with rubbish. I presume it will require another firmware upgrade to fix this.

TonyM

I find that trees and bushes moving in the wind are common triggers for motion detection, when there are no cars or people moving in front of the camera.

Alshamal

Had a reply from Viofo saying they are working on it and there should be a firmware update October!!!!

NewbieOC

Is there a parking mode short cut? meaning a quick button press on the unit if you are exiting the car and you want to disable Parking Mode all together? or do you have to scroll through the menus settings or launch the app and THEN turn it to OFF?

Capture Your Action

Is there a parking mode short cut? meaning a quick button press on the unit if you are exiting the car and you want to disable Parking Mode all together? or do you have to scroll through the menus settings or launch the app and THEN turn it to OFF?
No short cut to turn parking mode off, but you can simply shut off the camera by long pressing the menu button (left button).