Cam battery and HK3 cable connection

Sean

I have A129 Pro Duo FW 2.4 hardwired with HK3 cable. When I set HK3 switch to 12.4v cam hardly operates (all lights off) during Parking mode which I assume HK3 cuts off power supply. Once I switched to 12.2v cam works fine with Parking mode but my car shows low battery warning from time to time. I think better to have dash cam battery as power supply during parking mode? My plan is to keep ACC and GRD cable as it's now within fuse box but reconnect RED (constant power cable) to battery output and constant power fuse to battery input. Would it work? Anyone tried the same method? And use Cellink?

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
I have A129 Pro Duo FW 2.4 hardwired with HK3 cable. When I set HK3 switch to 12.4v cam hardly operates (all lights off) during Parking mode which I assume HK3 cuts off power supply. Once I switched to 12.2v cam works fine with Parking mode but my car shows low battery warning from time to time. I think better to have dash cam battery as power supply during parking mode? My plan is to keep ACC and GRD cable as it's now within fuse box but reconnect RED (constant power cable) to battery output and constant power fuse to battery input. Would it work? Anyone tried the same method? And use Cellink?
Hello, Sean!

The car indicates "Low battery" to remind you some devices are using the battery after parking. That's normal.

Sean

Hello, Sean!

The car indicates "Low battery" to remind you some devices are using the battery after parking. That's normal.
Thanks for replying. The message says it's critical. When I connects to car battery charger showing only 25% battery left. Is that normal? I'd rather have dash cam battery than constantly replacing car battery.
Dear Mr XXX,​

the starter battery charge status of the vehicle XXXXX is critical.​
To ensure that the vehicle is able to start, please connect a battery charger or drive the vehicle for 30 to 60 minutes.​
When using the battery charger, please observe the notes in Owner's Manual in your vehicle.​

Best regards​
Mercedes me connect​

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
You can buy an external battery pack if you would worry about the car battery. But you may also need to buy a 3-wire output cable for the battery pack.

Sean

You can buy an external battery pack if you would worry about the car battery. But you may also need to buy a 3-wire output cable for the battery pack.
What's 3 wire output cable? Isn't HK3 cable supposed to be used? Any instruction for cam battery installation with HK3 cable?

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
What's 3 wire output cable? Isn't HK3 cable supposed to be used? Any instruction for cam battery installation with HK3 cable?
The 3-wire output cable is like this one: BlackVue 3-Wire Output Cable for B124 Battery Pack | DCH-124

Sorry that we don't have the instruction for installing a battery with HK3 cable. The 3-wire output cable shall be wrapped with the three-color wires of the HK3 hardwire. The output port of the 3-wire output cable shall be plugged into the battery pack.