Camera doesn’t always come on.

Derrik_viofo

I have the A129 with the hardwiring 3 kit. Sometimes my camera comes on and suit doesn’t. Not sure what to check. It seems to come on fine when plugged into the cigarette lighter. Any thoughts?

benkar

What do you mean the suit?
Will the camera not turn on when the car is switched off or when it is started? If it is only off, it can be a partially discharged battery (less than 11.8V). The Hardwire kit has a switch and, when the voltage drops below the set threshold (eg at least 11.8 V), shuts down the camera.

Derrik_viofo

I meant to say sometimes, not ‘suit’. The camera does not come on at all sometimes, even after the car is running.

Derrik_viofo

Not when it won’t come on. Either it’s not wired correctly or somehow the kit/switch is bad

benkar

Not when it won’t come on. Either it’s not wired correctly or somehow the kit/switch is bad
I suppose the firmware is current ie 1.5. Hardwire connection properly - red cable to constantly 12V power supply, yellow cable to ACC (switched after turning key) and black to ground. USB power is plugged directly into the main camera, not the GPS module. Have you tried resetting the camera with the?

Capture Your Action

If the camera has shut down during parking mode, due the low voltage being met, then it may not be seeing the 12V (red Battery wire) at startup. At least not until you try starting the car. I believe the 3-wire kit needs to see the 12V at the red wire before it sees 12V at the yellow wire and if the 3-wire kit has shut down due to the low voltage being met, it may not start correctly. You can try finding another 12V live feed for the red wire and increasing the boot delay in the cameras settings.