Camera is not Switching to Parking Mode

i_drive_a_lancer

Hmmm, I can only assume the hardwire kit is defective. Contact your seller and ask for a replacement.

I was having all sorts of issues; not going into parking mode when parked, going into parking mode when driving, going straight into parking mode when starting the car, etc etc. This was all on a new install I bought BF replacing my Blacksys CH200.

After reading this thread about how the yellow wire is just a trigger wire, it then clicked and made complete sense why I was having these issues. Ordered a new hardwired kit and installed it, all my issues went away.

Taurus2415

Hmmm, I can only assume the hardwire kit is defective. Contact your seller and ask for a replacement.
I assumed the same thing and purchased a second HK3 hardwire kit which made no difference. I am having the same issue as the OP. Even worse the camera powers down after 3-10 minutes of driving (unpredictable when this will happen). So far VIOFO support has not been very supportive.

Capture Your Action

I assumed the same thing and purchased a second HK3 hardwire kit which made no difference. I am having the same issue as the OP. Even worse the camera powers down after 3-10 minutes of driving (unpredictable when this will happen). So far VIOFO support has not been very supportive.
Are you powering the camera via the mount or direct into the side of the camera? If through the mount, try direct (GPS will still work).

Sparky299

OP, have you fixed the issue?
I think I have the same issue, it always record full resolution videos as if I'm driving continuously. Even if I turned off all the parking modes, time lapse, or event recording. No matter how I set the dashcam, it's recording continuously. Battery limit switch was set at highest at #4 12.4V to avoid dead battery, I had dead battery on my 4 months old SUV.

Mills928

I think I have the same issue, it always record full resolution videos as if I'm driving continuously. Even if I turned off all the parking modes, time lapse, or event recording. No matter how I set the dashcam, it's recording continuously. Battery limit switch was set at highest at #4 12.4V to avoid dead battery, I had dead battery on my 4 months old SUV.
Hi Sparky,

I started a ticket w/ Viofo support as they think the hardwire kit was the issue. I'm in the process of getting another kit.

Mills928

I submitted my ticket a week ago, haven't received any response.
Viofo should eventually get back to you. I think they're just busy and it's approaching the Lunar holiday.

In the meantime, what specific troubleshooting have you done?

Sparky299

Viofo should eventually get back to you. I think they're just busy and it's approaching the Lunar holiday.

In the meantime, what specific troubleshooting have you done?

After trying various parking mode settings including time lapse, event detection, turned off all those, still recording as if I'm driving.

Taurus2415

Yes, Sparky, I fixed the issue. After 6 weeks of experimenting and emailing Viofo support and two different HK3 kits, I returned the whole thing and went to Thinkware. I am very happy now.

Sparky299

Yes, Sparky, I fixed the issue. After 6 weeks of experimenting and emailing Viofo support and two different HK3 kits, I returned the whole thing and went to Thinkware. I am very happy now.
I bought this A129 DUO after using A119 on my other car. I guess this two channel thing is too much for this company? But it isn't the dashcam operation, the problem comes with the wiring kit which is not so much of high-tech.

agt5990

Having same issue, dead battery on my car, this is a real issue. Anyone have any ideas?

Mills928

After trying various parking mode settings including time lapse, event detection, turned off all those, still recording as if I'm driving.
Seems like you tested it thoroughly. Hopefully you get a response from Viofo soon. My hardwire kit is on it's way but shipping overseas takes some time. Your other option is to get another kit from Amazon but there's a message saying the next stock comes in after April 2021. At least there are free returns at Amazon if it doesn't work out.

rojasbjm

Same problem here as @Sparky299 . Dead battery after 5 months. Installed Hardwire kit by Viofo, using multimeter and add-a-fuse kits, red cable for always-on circuit and yellow for the accessory-on only circuit. Tested with a multimeter. Camera was always recording, never changed from/to modes. Never cut-off power drain using 12.4V setting. Very disappointed with this brand since other customers have similar issues, and customer support doesn't seem to be very supportive. I live in Costa Rica, and I'm not sure if I'll get a refund or a second hardwire kit, since it's totally worthless to make a return from here (it's more expensive the return rather than leave it as it is).

Mills928

Same problem here as @Sparky299 . Dead battery after 5 months. Installed Hardwire kit by Viofo, using multimeter and add-a-fuse kits, red cable for always-on circuit and yellow for the accessory-on only circuit. Tested with a multimeter. Camera was always recording, never changed from/to modes. Never cut-off power drain using 12.4V setting. Very disappointed with this brand since other customers have similar issues, and customer support doesn't seem to be very supportive. I live in Costa Rica, and I'm not sure if I'll get a refund or a second hardwire kit, since it's totally worthless to make a return from here (it's more expensive the return rather than leave it as it is).
Sorry to hear that the kit didn't work and that your car battery drained. I contacted Viofo support and they just sent me another kit. I did have to provide video proof showing that the initial hardwire kit was defective though. However, I was not asked to send the defective one back nor did I pay anything for the replacement. The kit they replaced for me worked fine afterwards. I hope it goes well for you.

chuck245

Did somebody found a solution to this issue? I have similar problem with my brand new A129PRO. Note that the wiring kit came with a small black box that allows to set the threshold for the camera to stop while in parking mode if the car battery goes under a specific voltage to avoid draining the car's battery. I tried to set the switch to the lowest voltage but the camera still not switching to parking mode. And the car battery voltage is higher at the fuse box than the threshold I set on the camera wiring kit.