Camera overheated, Parking Mode working as expected, or something else?

peachumz

Has anyone else had an issue with their dashcam just deciding to power off and then will not turn on again?

When I got back to my car after work (5pm but still baking hot in Auckland, NZ), I couldn't see any lights on the A129, and removing and reinserting the power didn't make any difference. When I got home I took it out of the car and left it to cool down because it did feel pretty hot.

Around 9pm I took out the memory card, checked the files, and saw that the last video was when I arrived at work this morning at 9:30am. I was expecting to see all the Parking Mode files up to the point when it had overheated but there were just no Parking Mode files at all after the 9:30am regular video files.

So I went and put it back in the car again and all is working again!

The only theory I have so far is that I had accidentally left WiFi on (as I noticed when it finally powered on again) and maybe the Parking Mode (set at 12V) had kicked in first thing and stopped the A129 before it could record any Parking Mode files; then at some point during the day, it overheated and wouldn't work at all.

I'm most concerned about the overheating because I specifically bought a dashcam with a capacitor because of the issues with batteries overheating, but if the dashcam overheats and stops working it doesnt really matter if its a capacitor, a battery or plugged in to the house socket!

borntoshop666

i had the same problem last week, but unlike yours mine has completely died. Not happy only bought it last August.
Any advise would be appreciated. thanks

benkar

Has anyone else had an issue with their dashcam just deciding to power off and then will not turn on again?

When I got back to my car after work (5pm but still baking hot in Auckland, NZ), I couldn't see any lights on the A129, and removing and reinserting the power didn't make any difference. When I got home I took it out of the car and left it to cool down because it did feel pretty hot.

Around 9pm I took out the memory card, checked the files, and saw that the last video was when I arrived at work this morning at 9:30am. I was expecting to see all the Parking Mode files up to the point when it had overheated but there were just no Parking Mode files at all after the 9:30am regular video files.

So I went and put it back in the car again and all is working again!

The only theory I have so far is that I had accidentally left WiFi on (as I noticed when it finally powered on again) and maybe the Parking Mode (set at 12V) had kicked in first thing and stopped the A129 before it could record any Parking Mode files; then at some point during the day, it overheated and wouldn't work at all.

I'm most concerned about the overheating because I specifically bought a dashcam with a capacitor because of the issues with batteries overheating, but if the dashcam overheats and stops working it doesnt really matter if its a capacitor, a battery or plugged in to the house socket!
This is an unpleasant finding. Will you complain about the camera? I'm rather sorry that the picture is not as good as a budget camera at a fraction of the price I once bought in a Chinese e-shop.