Camera "resets" after being powered by Blackvue Dashcam Battery for more than 4+ hours

kiedishaze

So I've recently installed the A129 Pro Duo and have a Blackvue Dashcam Battery hardwired to my car and it works great. However, I've run into a problem, where after 4+ hours (approximate) the camera kind of resets itself and changes to 1080p both front and rear (from the 4k option) as well as deleting all of my locked videos. At the moment it isn't that big a deal as my locked videos are there as test videos, but in the future, I'd prefer my locked videos to actually be locked...

Restarting the unit when I get in my car works but that's not a good option for me as it's highly inconvenient. Perhaps if there is a way to have it automatically restart every 2hrs when not driving? Not really sure what else to do.

Thanks for any help

Edit I've just gone through the footage on my PC and the last video the camera took before the reset was real laggy. All the others are fine. Can anyone confirm to me that this is most likely an issue with the SD card? I have a 256gb Sandisk Ultra (it has an A1 and is class 10) - Not a high endurance though, so this may be the case; however, someone did recommend this card... Thanks

Last edited:

Capture Your Action

Doesn't sound like a card issue, but that is not a card I would recommend. Are you setting up the camera through the app or on the camera itself? I always recommend making setting changes on the camera itself.
Maybe try using the supplied 12V car adapter and Viofo USB power cable for a few days and see if the issue still occurs.

hochiinn

as posted before, i had lots of problems with rexing cameras using cards that were NOT high endurance. after switching cards, all the problems went away. i switched cameras to viofo a while ago, but still only use high endurance. i have 4 cameras, and sandisk 256 high endurance, never had a problem

kiedishaze

Doesn't sound like a card issue, but that is not a card I would recommend. Are you setting up the camera through the app or on the camera itself? I always recommend making setting changes on the camera itself.
Maybe try using the supplied 12V car adapter and Viofo USB power cable for a few days and see if the issue still occurs.
I usually set the camera up through the app and then turn the wifi off to save heat.

kiedishaze

Make sure settings on the camera itself are accurate. Sometimes the app does not seem to set things up in the camera correctly.
I've done that since and have fiddled around but still the same issue. I saw you say that 1080p front and rear is the default for parking mode - do you think that my camera is putting itself into parking mode and defaulting to 1080p front and rear? Given that it's always receiving power from the battery, I'm not too sure myself but I now suspect that could be the case aside from the laggy video after 4 hours and then not working... It doesn't always happen though so I'm not sure...

Capture Your Action

Might be the case if these 1080p files have PF or PR at the end of their names, which indicates they are parking mode files.