Constant Beeping and Updating Firmware

Lenny

I have the A139 with front and rear cameras which uses wifi to connect to my android 11 phone. I have successfully formatted the SD card (Sandisk Extreme 128GB) to FAT32 and the camera is recording fine. However, in order to access the settings menu you have to stop recording and the issue I have is when I stop recording the camera begins to beep continuously. It will not stop unless you start recording again, power down the camera, or turn off the notification sound. If the constant beeping is a notification sound, what is the notification? I tried to update the firmware thinking that would help, but there isn't a link for the A139 on the Viofo Support Center firmware page. I found a link on the Viofo app labeled "Firmware" but it doesn't open. The beeping is driving me crazy. What can I do to stop the beeping and update the firmware?

Last edited:

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

The beeping sound is normal. It's to notice you the recording stopped.

You can turn it off in the setting menu and don't need to update the firmware.

Lenny

Hello,

The beeping sound is normal. It's to notice you the recording stopped.

You can turn it off in the setting menu and don't need to update the firmware.
So you're saying that everytime I want to adjust a setting, I first have to turn off the beeping sound in settings? Dang, I'm glad the other 42 electronic devices I own isn't like that.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
So you're saying that everytime I want to adjust a setting, I first have to turn off the beeping sound in settings? Dang, I'm glad the other 42 electronic devices I own isn't like that.
You only need to turn off the sound once in the setting if you don't wanna hear it. After, the setting will keep it.

I'll also report your feedback to my supervisor. They might make some improvements with the sound if it's possible.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
This will be fixed in next app update.