CPL filter help

MCMasterJ

Hey everyone!

So I have a VIOFO A129 Duo dash camera in my Jeep Grand Cherokee and I noticed when I would rewatch my videos from the front camera that the dashboard would reflect to the windshield and it would show up on the video from the camera.

So to try and remedy this issue I got myself a CPL filter from VIOFO. Now I’ve heard that when people got their CPL filter that it usually wasn’t aligned correctly from the factory. So I assumed the same thing would have happened to mine. Now another thing that I also heard was a way to check if the CPL filter was properly aligned. The method to check if it was aligned or not was to turn the filter 45° while holding it up to a computer screen and if you were to look through the filter and it turned black or green blocking out the computer screen then it’s aligned properly.

Well I did this test to my CPL filter and got the computer screen to black out at 45° but when I put the CPL filter onto the camera itself it doesn't seem to have made any difference and the reflection is still prominent on the video. Any thoughts on this would help me greatly. Thanks!

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

Could you please take a sample video about footage that has the reflection problem to Wetransfer:

https://viofo.wetransfer.com/
Please inform me after you upload the sample video.
We'd like to check it and provide a solution accordingly

Thanks in advance.