Dachcam loop recording and auto-off

Timothy

Hello, i have bought two Git 2 cameras in our company as car cameras. We have 32 GB memory cards but we can't use whole of card's capacity because Git 2 has only 10 minutes option as maximum length of loop record and this is pretty small. It would be great if you can add more options for loop length in new firmware. For example 30 minutes, 1 hour and until fulfilling of microSD card capacity. Many users will also appreciate when you add option to auto-off after disconnection of power supply. Thanks

Alistair Parsons

for a dashcam its dangerous to have long recording times, as the is greater chance of data loss, you generally want as short as possible, the cyclic recording would mean if it was a long video, it would have to delete everything before the next video, so you wont be able to go back very far if you need to check something, such long recording times would be of limited use to most dashcam users.

one of the dashcam uses is to use the side menu to amrk an important moment, you couldnt do this with long video file.

Timothy

for a dashcam its dangerous to have long recording times, as the is greater chance of data loss, you generally want as short as possible, the cyclic recording would mean if it was a long video, it would have to delete everything before the next video, so you wont be able to go back very far if you need to check something, such long recording times would be of limited use to most dashcam users.

one of the dashcam uses is to use the side menu to amrk an important moment, you couldnt do this with long video file.
Sorry if my note wasn't very good but I use dashcam never before. Maybe I don't understand it very well. Your response means that Git 2 use full capacity of microSD card but splits video into 10 minutes video parts? It records 10 minutes video part, then stops it, saves it and then create new 10 minutes video part and this is repeating until fulfilling of the card and then rewrite only first 10 minutes video part? If it is so, it's very good. I thought that Git 2 records only one 10 minutes video and constantly rewritting it. So I can use full capacity of microSD card and there will not be only one video with 10 minutes length?

Alistair Parsons

thats correct, keeps recording untill full, then deletes oldest first, so after a while the sd card will always be full. i have mine set to 2 mins,

set side menu function to lock recording, then while driving, if you see anything odd, press button and that one section becomes locked and wont be overwritten, it gets moved in to a seperate folder

Timothy

So it is great. Thank you for response and sorry for unnecessary question. :) But auto-off function is not present in options is it? Although when I marked something important it doesn't matter if camera continues in recording until discharge its battery (when car stops).