Dash Cam Placement on 'Frit'

Synoptic 12

Website
www.youtube.com
Seeking some opinions on dash cam placement, namely on the frit (solid); not dotted. (A.) If I place the adhesive pad on the frit: will the frit be damaged, or once removed after a long period, will the frit be missing any of its 'black'? I was uncertain of that so I'm asking here. Enclosed is a picture with the frit on front windshield denoted by 'red arrows' to show the frit just under the rear view mirror. The dash cam currently placed there is just below the center of the frit. All replies are very much appreciated.

benkar

The black part of the glass is a baked ceramic coating. In my opinion, sticking and possible peeling of the camera did not damage the coating. I have never seen this black (dotted) part of the glass damaged, peeled.

Synoptic 12

Website
www.youtube.com
I've called numerous people: Gorilla tape, dealerships, automotive glass experts, and the opinions vary. I'm not speaking of the 'dotted' frit, rather the solid frit (black) 'as pictured'. The dealership said with certainty that no damage will occur. Gorilla does not recommend their two sided tape on automotive glass, even though I have their tape adhered to the dashcam mount and to the windshield ( for six years). The three M company does not recommend attaching to the frit. So, I'm in the same quandary. Researched for a month or more. I even contacted FCA, now Stellantis and waiting for a reply. Thank you for your input.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hi Tom,

So far I didn't see people install the dashcam in the frit (solid) part and make the damage occurred. So I can't give you reliable suggestions.

I'd like to recommend you a dashcam forum: DashCamTalk. There are lots of professional and experienced people. They may have many helpful opinions about this.