Dash cam viewer with gps tracking Free Software for Windows 10. What is good and or best?

Gizmo2371

I recently got my A129 duo. Now I need software for my PC. What is a good cheap (FREE) software that can be used. It needs to show my route speed Etc. on a map.

Any Help would greatly be appreciated.. with Download link please

benkar

@benkar I noticed you are using a rear cam filter and wondered if you could post your experience in my thread as I have an issue with the rear cam fitting? Thanks
https://www.viofo.com/community/index.php?threads/cant-fit-lens-filter-on-to-rear-cam.26377/
I'll let you know. Filters have been ordered but have not yet arrived. I noticed that Viofo offers a new slightly modified form of CPL filters directly for the A129. I have unfortunately ordered an older type that suits the models 119. So I hope they will go also. We'll see ...

Attachments

peachumz

Unfortunately, it is not free :-(
The paid version is not free, but I've just installed and used the free version and IMHO it is better than VLC for viewing your segment files if you have GPS data. This is because the differences between Free & Paid essentially come down to the number of movies you load/view/combine/write back out.

benkar

The paid version is not free, but I've just installed and used the free version and IMHO it is better than VLC for viewing your segment files if you have GPS data. This is because the differences between Free & Paid essentially come down to the number of movies you load/view/combine/write back out.
Thanks, I thought the free version was limited to a certain number of uses.

galivan

I've just tried out dashcamviewer and it seems to work pretty well, but my rear video is very small. Does anyone know of a way to make the second camera's image larger; maybe set the front and rear images the same size and side-by-side in the viewer window?

benkar

I've just tried out dashcamviewer and it seems to work pretty well, but my rear video is very small. Does anyone know of a way to make the second camera's image larger; maybe set the front and rear images the same size and side-by-side in the viewer window?
Do you have a screenshot?

galivan

Benkar. Not the full screen, but the video window. Front camera is nice and big. Rear camera is itty bitty. If there's a way to resize them, I don't know what it is.

1547753968236.png

benkar

Unfortunately, I think it's the back camera property. I've seen enough videos on YT, and the image from the back camera has always been a bit worse. Maybe it's because of the bigger inclination of the rear window.. Anyway thank you for the picture for a better idea. I have not seen my camera yet - I'll also give some photo or video over time. Maybe somebody will know where there might be a problem.

Last edited:

peachumz

Is that the paid version or the free version? I didn't see a way to get picture in picture with the free version so would like to know how thats done.

If its like the actual cam, there is a way to specify what you want to see on the screen and there may be an option in the dashcamviewer as well.

In regards to quality of video from the back cam, I know if you have wireless ON, it not only halves the bitrate of the stored video, but it reduces the backcam bitrate more than the front cam.

See here for more info: https://www.viofo.com/community/index.php?threads/enabled-wi-fi-affects-the-recording.26371/

peachumz

I dont know about better quality, but I do know that the bitrates are halved when Wifi is on.

Wifi OFF = Same bitrates (16.5 Mbps) and file sizes front and back.
Wifi ON = Different bitrates: Front 8 Mbps, Back 7Mbps, and so different file sizes.

galivan

That screenshot is from the free trial version of DashCam Viewer. (Actually buying the software tonight.) If you click (maybe it's double click) on the rear camera image it will get a little bigger and let you move it around.

benkar, the back camera image is really very good if you view it by itself in something like MS Media player, where you can make it bigger. It's just in the DashCam Viewer software that it makes it small like that. I, at least can't figure out how to make it bigger in the free version.

paddywalsh

I tried to install free DashcamViewer to try it out but it wanted me to install some Codec and even after I did that, it just kept asking me to install it, so I couldn't get it to play anything.

Gizmo2371

That screenshot is from the free trial version of DashCam Viewer. (Actually buying the software tonight.) If you click (maybe it's double click) on the rear camera image it will get a little bigger and let you move it around.

benkar, the back camera image is really very good if you view it by itself in something like MS Media player, where you can make it bigger. It's just in the DashCam Viewer software that it makes it small like that. I, at least can't figure out how to make it bigger in the free version.

On the Free version, I have found that if I click on the Rear image and then use my scroll wheel, it will make it rear camera image bigger

Systeman

Not side by side, but you toggle the front/rear camera by clicking on the small icon having a [1] in it for channel 1. It will then load the rear camera view and the icon changes to [2].