Defective Camera?

Jokerone

I bought the A129 Duo directly from Viofo.

Firmware V 1.5.

I got it today.

Issue (1) : The screen on the front Camera has colored lines in the screen (see attached photos) I could live with this if the other issues weren't a problem or it doesn't get worse.

Issue (2): mp4 encoding artifacts all over the place in night shots. Totally unacceptable, nothing like I've seen on youtube videos. youtube video quality looks great. Mine looks like cataracts though the bottom of a coke bottle. I've went back to factory default settings, tried the WDR, etc. Nothing seems to help.

Issue (3): Android app does not connect. Android 8.1.0. Doesn't connect at 2.4ghz, does not connect a 5 ghz. The WIFI shows it connects immeidately with a message No Internet, but the app doesn't seem to be able to see it. It just keeps showing the same 3 screens, Connect to your dashcam, turn it on, settings. the end of the line.

So Should I return it or am i doing multiple things wrong?

Attachments

Last edited:

benkar

It looks like a display failure. Something similar but horizontal lines appeared on my camera of another brand. I recommend a complaint.

Jokerone

It looks like a display failure. Something similar but horizontal lines appeared on my camera of another brand. I recommend a complaint.
thanks. They contacted me and I'm sending camera body back for a replacement. I hope the other issues I mentioned are resolved as well with the new camera.

Jokerone

Latest on the saga. The Post office read the label wrong and sent the camera body back to me. UGH!

I shipped it off again.

Still haven't heard back from Leo at Viofo if he has shipped a new camera body like he said he would.

Leo.... You out there??