Difference between motion detection and parking mode

Virtualjoint

Hello everyone. I recently bought a 129 duo ir and connected it with the hardwired cable. It works great in parking mode, maybe even a little too sensitive. One thing I can't figure out: what's the difference between parking mode and movement detection? When I set motion detection the dash cam turns off and does not record, but in parking mode, it works well. Can you help me please? Thank you all.

Capture Your Action

There are two motion detection settings in the menu, parking mode motion detection and regular driving mode motion detection. The regular motion detection should be left off, as it’s unreliable in all dash cameras. Adjust the parking mode motion detection based on your preference. If your getting too many useless parking mode videos, then try the low setting.

Alshamal

There are two motion detection settings in the menu, parking mode motion detection and regular driving mode motion detection. The regular motion detection should be left off, as it’s unreliable in all dash cameras. Adjust the parking mode motion detection based on your preference. If your getting too many useless parking mode videos, then try the low setting.
I've tried it on the lowest setting and mine still records every movement! Ask Viofo months ago about this problem and I was told there would be a firmware update in October!
Myself and many other frustrated owners are patiently waiting,last day of October so fingers crossed!

Capture Your Action

I've tried it on the lowest setting and mine still records every movement! Ask Viofo months ago about this problem and I was told there would be a firmware update in October!
Myself and many other frustrated owners are patiently waiting,last day of October so fingers crossed!
I thought you were told about an update for the parking mode g-sensor issue? This is different from what the OP is referring to.

Capture Your Action

Hello everyone. I recently bought a 129 duo ir and connected it with the hardwired cable. It works great in parking mode, maybe even a little too sensitive. One thing I can't figure out: what's the difference between parking mode and movement detection? When I set motion detection the dash cam turns off and does not record, but in parking mode, it works well. Can you help me please? Thank you all.
Are you saying the camera is shutting off or recording is just stopping?

Alshamal

I thought you were told about an update for the parking mode g-sensor issue? This is different from what the OP is referring to.
I was referring to the Bufferd parking mode back in August ! the motion sensor setting on the lowest setting and it records everything!

Capture Your Action

I was referring to the Bufferd parking mode back in August ! the motion sensor setting on the lowest setting and it records everything!
Wasn’t aware that adjustments to the motion detection settings were part of the upcoming firmware update. Thought users just had issues with the g-sensor. Not sure what sensitivity setting OP is using for parking mode motion detection.

Virtualjoint

The camera is shutting off,
The dash cam turns off normally, as if the motion detection feature is not enabled. I honestly don't understand if motion detection is needed when you're on the march or when you're stationary

Capture Your Action

Parking Mode motion detection will not work if camera is off. To you have Auto Event Detection parking mode enabled in the settings?

Virtualjoint

Parking Mode motion detection will not work if camera is off. To you have Auto Event Detection parking mode enabled in the settings?
I do not understand what the motion detection function is for: if I activate it and turn off the car, the dash cam will also be turned off. If I turn on the parking mode and turn off the car the dash cam stays on and works great in Auto Event Detection parking mode enabled.

Capture Your Action

With motion detection on, the camera is supposed only record when it sees motion. As I said earlier, there are two different motion detection settings, one for regular driving and one for Auto Event Detection Parking Mode. It’s recommended to leave the regular driving motion detection off as it unreliable in all dash cameras. With regular driving motion detection, the camera will record all time as long as the car is on. If you want to have the camera record while the car is off, then you need to have parking mode on. The only parking mode option that uses the parking mode motion detection is Auto Event Detection. Low bitrate and time lapse modes just record all the time. If the camera records too many useless files while in parking mode, you can turn down the parking mode motion detection.

benkar

With motion detection on, the camera is supposed only record when it sees motion. As I said earlier, there are two different motion detection settings, one for regular driving and one for Auto Event Detection Parking Mode. It’s recommended to leave the regular driving motion detection off as it unreliable in all dash cameras. With regular driving motion detection, the camera will record all time as long as the car is on. If you want to have the camera record while the car is off, then you need to have parking mode on. The only parking mode option that uses the parking mode motion detection is Auto Event Detection. Low bitrate and time lapse modes just record all the time. If the camera records too many useless files while in parking mode, you can turn down the parking mode motion detection.
It's not clear to me either. In parking mode: motion detection - I understand. But what is the purpose of a separate menu item: motion detection? Will you clarify on the half-moon? Is this function useful for anything at all? Thank you.

Capture Your Action

Motion detection for normal driving is used for if you only want the camera to record when your in the car and moving. The camera is supposed to recognize when the car is parked or moving (but not shut off). This feature is unreliable in all dash cameras and can/will cause missed footage. It always best to just leave that feature off and have the camera record at all times while the car is running or accessory is on.

benkar

Motion detection for normal driving is used for if you only want the camera to record when your in the car and moving. The camera is supposed to recognize when the car is parked or moving (but not shut off). This feature is unreliable in all dash cameras and can/will cause missed footage. It always best to just leave that feature off and have the camera record at all times while the car is running or accessory is on.
Thank you for the explanation. So it's what I thought - the camera might not have the function at all - it's useless and, as you say, unreliable.

Alshamal

This is the problem even when turned to the lowest setting it's still recording everything! I was led to believe this would be improved as well as the G-sensor issue with the firmware update last month!!

Capture Your Action

Thank you for the explanation. So it's what I thought - the camera might not have the function at all - it's useless and, as you say, unreliable.
The camera has the function and it does work (for the most part), but I wouldn’t trust it. This is a feature most dash cameras have, but it has proven to be unreliable, though I’m sure some models perform better than others.

Airborne

The camera has the function and it does work (for the most part), but I wouldn’t trust it. This is a feature most dash cameras have, but it has proven to be unreliable, though I’m sure some models perform better than others.
Why not remove it from the program if it is useless, I do not know of anyone using motion

Capture Your Action

Why not remove it from the program if it is useless, I do not know of anyone using motion
I would love to see it removed. However, if it was removed at this point, there will probably be a small groups of buyers who will be upset that’s it no longer there.

Alistair Parsons

Its probably an actioncam feature thats moved across, i use it on the G3 to capture wildlife footage.

alexia green

I would love to see it removed. However, if it was removed at this point, there will probably be a small groups of buyers who will be upset that’s it no longer there.
Hello, I wanted to explain this when I opened a new topic for parking mode few days ago. In the menu there are several settings that seem to have the same purpose but do nothing but create a lot of confusion among those like us who do not have skills in this area. I received the camera with the latest firmware (1.9) and it is extremely confusing. And I think the "motion detection" setting should be removed from the menu