Difference between motion detection and parking mode

Capture Your Action

Hello, I wanted to explain this when I opened a new topic for parking mode few days ago. In the menu there are several settings that seem to have the same purpose but do nothing but create a lot of confusion among those like us who do not have skills in this area. I received the camera with the latest firmware (1.9) and it is extremely confusing. And I think the "motion detection" setting should be removed from the menu
Which two menu items do you think have the same purpose? Motion detection and Parking Mode Motion Detection operate independently of each other. One only functions in parking mode.

benkar

Which two menu items do you think have the same purpose? Motion detection and Parking Mode Motion Detection operate independently of each other. One only functions in parking mode.
Well, what good is the first one? Motion detection outside parking mode? Does anyone place the camera on a tree, supply it with some source and capture the movement of birds or squirrels (btw camera is not waterproof)? I really can't imagine what this function is useful for.

Last edited:

Capture Your Action

Some people do actually use the Motion Detection during driving and feel it works for them. I would never use it unless I was using it in a unique situation. As I said, I would like to see it removed to avoid unknowing users having missing footage due to the unreliability of the feature for true dash camera use.

Eddie

It would be nice to be able to disable the motion detection in parking mode entirely. Just use g-sensor as an auto-event detection option. I park on a busy city street and don't drive daily... I'm not keen on parking mode draining the battery all the time. I find myself powering off the camera when I leave the car because I'm afraid the car won't start the next time I need it.

BigBillSD

It would be nice to be able to disable the motion detection in parking mode entirely. Just use g-sensor as an auto-event detection option. I park on a busy city street and don't drive daily... I'm not keen on parking mode draining the battery all the time. I find myself powering off the camera when I leave the car because I'm afraid the car won't start the next time I need it.
Someday Automakers should add a small solar panel to the roof of our cars to keep the battery topped up when parked outside... Someday..

Alistair Parsons

Someday Automakers should add a small solar panel to the roof of our cars to keep the battery topped up when parked outside... Someday..
That would be usefull, but the rate at which solar degrades and becomes obsolete, in the mean time we will have to use the 3rd party ones available.

BigBillSD

That would be useful, but the rate at which solar degrades and becomes obsolete, in the mean time we will have to use the 3rd party ones available.
Solar Panels seem to last a very long time. The ones on my house are almost 20 years old and are still putting out about 90% of what they were in 2002. I belive at the time i installed they they had a 25 year 80% output warranty. And now, if I needed to replace them I could for about 15% of their original cost. -Bill