Disabling Parking Mode by Turning Unit off

heysteve

Hi all,

I recently purchased an A129 Pro hardwired with an HK3 kit (voltage cut off at 12.4v) and I currently use parking mode in low bitrate mode but as I primarily work from home and garage my car in a secure garage unit for multiple days before driving I think I only want to keep it on when I'm out and about. I initially contemplated a couple ways to go about bypassing the hardwired parking mode:

1. unplug power plug when parking at home for long periods (bit of an annoyance)
  2. click the microsd card to have it in the popped out position (not sure if this 100% stops unit from drawing power)
  3. after vehicle ignition is off and unit goes to power mode, turn off unit.

Step 3 is what I've currently been doing but I wanted to confirm with y'all if this is the preferred method. I've heard people saying disabling parking mode through the settings doesn't work so honestly I haven't even tried it out and just immediately jumped to looking for other alternative solutions.

Thanks!

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hello,

Please try to disable the parking mode in the settings. We made many tests and find it always works.

Reactions: xr6

milmat

Hi,
it is really annoying. I use method 3 - but I have to wait until cam saves all data and it is switched into parking mode. It means I have to wait couple seconds. I would appreciate the following setting option:
  • when ignition is off can will wait 1 (or X minutes) if a defined button is pushed then the parking mode is activated.
  • if the button hasn't been pushed during the defined time countdown, the camera will be switched off.

It could be used in opposite way- stop the parking mode if button is pressed.

It should be easily implemented into new firmware. It's much better than the change in menu.

Additional improvement could be to define same GPS points + radius, which will automatically disable parking mode. The parking mode will be activated by another start of camera.

Milos

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hello Milos,

Thanks for your kind suggestion. We'll take it into account.

Last edited: