Does the dash cam drain the battery if i leave it continuously plugged in?

Cindy

Administrator
Staff member
I want to buy A129 Duo. Does the dash cam drain the battery if i leave it continuously plugged in?

Emily Ma

A129 Duo adopts super capacitor, it is plugged in to your light socket, and will record automatically when you start the car, and will stop recording when engine is off.

grace viofo

I want to buy A129 Duo. Does the dash cam drain the battery if i leave it continuously plugged in?
If you directly connect the dash cam to the car cigarette, the dash cam will stop working when you stop your car. If you supply the power with your car battery, you have to connect your dash cam with your battery via a Hardwire Kit. The Hardwire Kit can make sure the continuous power supply from the battery, the Hardwire Kit also has a function of Low Voltage Cut Off function to protect your battery from draining, usually the cut off voltage is 11.6V, that means when the battery voltage is below 11.6V, the battery will automatically be cut off. For A129, we will soon release a 3 wire Hardwire Kit, you has 4 options of the cut off voltage11.8V,12V,12.2V and 12.4V. You can see a picture as follows,
Hardwire kit.3.jpg

Vicky Zhang

It won't drain the battery. The camera will be power off automatically when your engine is off. As the A129 using capacitor instead of battery.