Fault on A129 Duo

Scanvab

Hi, My A129 Duo, has developed a fault on automatic start up. It comes on, then a blue screen, with a warning to Format SD card, I press to confirm it, and the camera works perfectly. Next time I switch on, same thing happens every time, never used to. I have tried formatting the card, and have used the card in my other car, whichhas same dash cam, no problems, used th known good card from other camera, in my cars camera, same scenario. Nothing I do seems to work, any ideas?.

Scanvab

Hi, Unfortunately I cannot. The camera has a picture on the screen, then a blue box partially covers it, with the following text. " To ensure the safety and quality of the video format memory card". When you OK this a screen comes up with two boxes on it Cancel and OK. Whichever I click on, the camera starts to record as normal. If you dont do anything it does not record, any ideas?.

Capture Your Action

Update the camera (if needed) and try plugging directly into the camera, not the GPS mount.
After updating the firmware, be sure to manually default the cameras settings in the menu, then press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds.

Scanvab

Hi, Thanks for that. Unfortunately, for some reason I am unable to get the camera to update the firmware I have tried several cards and none have sorted this problem. Any further ideas, How can you force an update? is it possible.

Karagandinez

What size cards did you use to upgrade your dash cam?
Try using the smallest card size - 1-2 GB.

Last edited:

Capture Your Action

Be sure you have the correct firmware file and that the name is exactly as stated on firmware site. The camera will only accept the update if the name is correct. Also, be sure you use the supplied short USB data cable and a USB wall charger. Don’t use your computers USB port for power.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hello,

We would recommend defaulting the settings in the menu, then pressing and holding the R button(on the camera side) for about 5 secs to reset the dashcam.

If the above doesn't help, please try updating the firmware. You may refer to this link for the firmware file for A129 Duo and the updating instruction. After changing the firmware, please default and reset the dashcam again.

About the red-underlined part, we would recommend reconnecting the camera to more reliable power, such as the home socket or a power bank.

Scanvab

Be sure you have the correct firmware file and that the name is exactly as stated on firmware site. The camera will only accept the update if the name is correct. Also, be sure you use the supplied short USB data cable and a USB wall charger. Don’t use your computers USB port for power.
Thanks for the advice, Happy to report Dash cam now back in full working order.

Scanvab

What was the issue, as this may help others.
I completely deleted everything on the SD card (64GB ). I then reformatted it in the computer and dragged and dropped the updated file from the VIOFO website. I used my ipad wall charger to restart the camera, and it immediately started to flash, as it should do. Then did as you said, ie manual default and a hard restart. Only thing I did different was the i pad charger, previously I had used the computer or the cig lighter cable. It is now working as it should, Thanks.