Firmware update using wifi

Alshamal

Just had a reply to a question on dcf that you can update the camera firmware using wifi ! It's a feature Viofo have implemented. Anyone else got any info on this ?

Capture Your Action

It’s available through the app. Connect the camera to the app, then open the menu in the top left of the app screen. Bottom option should be for firmware update.

Alshamal

It’s available through the app. Connect the camera to the app, then open the menu in the top left of the app screen. Bottom option should be for firmware update.
Hi thanks for that so when it's saying Current firmware is up to date! Does that mean when the new firmware update includes Bufferd parking mode will be shown there!
And that will be done with wifi connection?

Capture Your Action

Buffered firmware for the DUO is still in beta, so not available to install through the app yet. I believe V1.5 is still the latest official version.

Alshamal

Buffered firmware for the DUO is still in beta, so not available to install through the app yet. I believe V1.5 is still the latest official version.
When will the firmware update be available on my iPhone app? It seems to be available elsewhere!

Dec

1.8 is that latest version available last week with buffered parking mode.

Alshamal

Just updated with wifi from the app
No I'm waiting for it to do it on my iPhone!
Just updated new firmware v1.8 with the app on my iPad very quick and straight forward! Do i need to do a need to do factory reset now ? And any recommendations for Parking Mode settings! When the car is on the drive I switch the camera off as it's covered with cctv !
Cheers

Capture Your Action

Just updated with wifi from the app

Just updated new firmware v1.8 with the app on my iPad very quick and straight forward! Do i need to do a need to do factory reset now ? And any recommendations for Parking Mode settings! When the car is on the drive I switch the camera off as it's covered with cctv !
Cheers
Yes, I would always manually default the cameras settings after any update.