Firmware Update

Aoatee

Hi there, I'm new to this dashcam, just had it professionally installed. I checked the firmware version and it says A129Plus.V.1.0.20200925 etc. I think from the website, that is old and the newest is version 1.4? Anyway, I've tried to update and I cannot get it to work. I have formatted a 32Gb microsd as FAT32 within the camera itself. I then attached the camera to PC and it enters some kind of reading mode where I copy the file across. I then restart and it just starts recording without updating. I've also tried taking the card out and copying the file within Windows file explorer with the same result. Anything obvious I'm doing wrong? I

Also, I have a rear camera (haven't even attempted that one yet) but cannot even see any firmware for it on the viofo website to download..

Help.... :)

Aoatee

Just went and bought a 16gb microsd in case that was the issue, no difference, still doesn't update

Capture Your Action

It should be FWA129S.bin. Make sure there are no numbers after the file name, like FWA129S(1).bin.

Aoatee

Sorry, typo, it was FWA129S.BIN and there are no numbers in the file name like I’d copied it twice

Aoatee

Hi again, I just checked the files I downloaded from the website and I did download FWE129S.BIN from the location in my link above. Today I go to the same link and the filename is FWA129S.BIN !! I assume someone from Viofo read this and corrected the filename

Aoatee

Surprisingly this now worked the first time I tried it. I couldn't get it to update the rear camera but I saw another post saying the rear camera doesn't need to be updated anymore. It all seems to work so I'll leave it there

benkar

Surprisingly this now worked the first time I tried it. I couldn't get it to update the rear camera but I saw another post saying the rear camera doesn't need to be updated anymore. It all seems to work so I'll leave it there
Yes, extra FW is not for the rear camera. Only the front camera is updated.

GunDALF

VIOFO, wtf are you doing? No firmware update for more than half year? v. 1.4 is still a beta.

GunDALF

I have a 1.6TST (with HDR) version and this 1.5 (with WDR). Which one is better?

gobsmax

@viofo admin, can you confirm 'buffered parking mode' is still not supported in the new firmware?