front camera freeze !!

2channel

I bought my pro duo 2 channel on july 2020. lately I have noticed that my front camera randomly freeze but my voice and the rear cam is still being recorded. Anyone have any idea why this is happening. Running firmware version 2.1

PharAstro

I have seen this happen 3 times, twice on one camera and once on another camera in another car. In all three cases, it was raining and the front camera froze with the wiper passing across the field of view. Note that this happens very rarely. These cameras have recorded many hours of footage in the rain. Actually, the video is not completely frozen. The overlay continues to update, although the text quickly becomes illegible because it is overwriting itself. The camera will continue making otherwise valid front and rear video files (with a frozen front image) until it is turned off. Viofo support blamed my SD card, which is BS.

2channel

Think about it, my wiper was on !!!, on two occasion ( during winter storm) and i need the footage. And it failed me in the hour of need. Viofo needs to fix this thing.

dzyuba

I have seen this happen 3 times, twice on one camera and once on another camera in another car. In all three cases, it was raining and the front camera froze with the wiper passing across the field of view. Note that this happens very rarely. These cameras have recorded many hours of footage in the rain. Actually, the video is not completely frozen. The overlay continues to update, although the text quickly becomes illegible because it is overwriting itself. The camera will continue making otherwise valid front and rear video files (with a frozen front image) until it is turned off. Viofo support blamed my SD card, which is BS.
Did this ever get resolved?

I am experiencing all of the symptoms you described (wiper passing over, overlay text updating, valid video files) using just the front A129 Pro that I bought in May. It had worked fine in the beginning but started having issues recently. I thought it may have been a coincidence but every time it froze, it had the windshield wiper in the middle of the frame. I have a case open now and tried a different card per their recommendation but the issue still persists.

PharAstro

I am experiencing all of the symptoms you described (wiper passing over, overlay text updating, valid video files) using just the front A129 Pro that I bought in May. It had worked fine in the beginning but started having issues recently. I thought it may have been a coincidence but every time it froze, it had the windshield wiper in the middle of the frame. I have a case open now and tried a different card per their recommendation but the issue still persists.
This was never officially resolved. But it hasn't happened again since those initial few occurrences. I must admit I haven't been checking thoroughly. But every time I have gone in to look for footage, it has been there. The cameras are 7 months old now.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member

Hello,

Could you please share a short video of the frozen video clip with us by uploading it to WeTransfer? Then we can know the problem exactly.

PharAstro

Hello,

Could you please share a short video of the frozen video clip with us by uploading it to WeTransfer? Then we can know the problem exactly.
Videos were previously uploaded. You may refer to ticket #105056. Your support engr blamed my SD card, which is obviously wrong since the recording continues and the files are not corrupt. While I have your attention, the other issue of the "one second videos" was never resolved either. I still get occasional glitches between videos, where instead of a seamless transition between two videos, there is 4 second gap and a 1 second video in between the two. Same ticket #.

For the rest of the community - despite the above minor issues, my two V129 cameras (two cars), with Samsung Select 512GB cards, have served their purpose well.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
using just the front A129 Pro
Are you saying now you only use the front camera? Did you use the original car charger? What firmware version do you use?

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Videos were previously uploaded. You may refer to ticket #105056. Your support engr blamed my SD card, which is obviously wrong since the recording continues and the files are not corrupt. While I have your attention, the other issue of the "one second videos" was never resolved either. I still get occasional glitches between videos, where instead of a seamless transition between two videos, there is 4 second gap and a 1 second video in between the two. Same ticket #.

For the rest of the community - despite the above minor issues, my two V129 cameras (two cars), with Samsung Select 512GB cards, have served their purpose well.
We suggest you try to update the firmware to the latest version. What's the model of your dashcam? A129 Pro of A129 Pro Duo?

PharAstro

We suggest you try to update the firmware to the latest version. What's the model of your dashcam? A129 Pro of A129 Pro Duo?
A129 Pro Duo. Current firmware is 2.1. I just saw 2.4 is available. Please share the change log for 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4. I wonder if there are any changes relevant to the issues I reported. Thanks.

dzyuba

Are you saying now you only use the front camera? Did you use the original car charger? What firmware version do you use?
I only bought a camera for the front. I was on firmware v2.1 before I opened the case but updated to v2.4 as one of the recommended steps. I have already bought a different memory card that was suggested by Viofo support but got the same problem anyways. I am using the Viofo HK3 hardwire kit directly into the camera but will test the original car charger as the next suggested step.

dzyuba

When you say reinstall the GPS module, do you mean disconnecting it from the GPS mount attached to the windshield? How does the GPS module affect the recordings if the power is directly plugged into the camera?

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
What kind of memory card do you use now? Please format the card and try again, and disable the parking mode.
If this issue still exists, please contact us for a replacement.

dzyuba

I was originally using a SanDisk High Endurance card (SDSQQNR-256G-GN6IA) but per the suggestion of Viofo support I bought a Samsung PRO Endurance card (MB-MJ128GA/AM). I have already formatted both cards multiple times in the camera and have always had parking mode disabled.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member

I was originally using a SanDisk High Endurance card (SDSQQNR-256G-GN6IA) but per the suggestion of Viofo support I bought a Samsung PRO Endurance card (MB-MJ128GA/AM). I have already formatted both cards multiple times in the camera and have always had parking mode disabled.
Hello,

Where did you buy the A129 Pro? Could you please provide the invoice?

dzyuba

Amazon - the receipt is in that support ticket link. I did not want to post it here but can send it to you if the support link does not work.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Amazon - the receipt is in that support ticket link. I did not want to post it here but can send it to you if the support link does not work.
No worries. I've got it.

And I notice you bought the dashcam from Blackbox Mycar two months ago. I suggest you contact them for a replacement. That would be much faster for you.

If you meet questions when contact with them, please tell us.