Git2 firmware update

Pajke

Hi everyone, i have 2 questions if anyone can help. I have GitUp2 action camera with firmware 1.1_1130. I want to update it to latest 1.8. My first question is how can i know if i have sony or panasonic sensor, cause there are two different update files depends of these sensors? And second question, can i install directly the latest version of update or i have to go from oldest to newest?

Alistair Parsons

In the version option in the settings, when it mentions what firmware you have, it should say P after the Git2 if its the panasonic version

iyou need to upgrade the loader as well
as perhttp://support.gitup.com/support/solutions/articles/6000157758-gitup-git2-sony-imx206-sensor-version-firmware

Pajke

In the version option in the settings, when it mentions what firmware you have, it should say P after the Git2 if its the panasonic version

iyou need to upgrade the loader as well
as perhttp://support.gitup.com/support/solutions/articles/6000157758-gitup-git2-sony-imx206-sensor-version-firmware
Thank you very much.

Pajke

Hello, i really need help. I have a problem with update my camera. I tried to update to GIT2LD.bin i followed the steps and i disconncted the camera from the PC.Then i reconncted it and the camera is not turning on.The green and red lights are always on and nothing happens. Can you help me please? The camera is death at the moment

Alistair Parsons

Can you post precisely the steps you took......and what size sd card you were using

Pajke

I had version 1.1_1130. SD card 32GB - FAT32 formatted. I used SD card reader to format through windows and then copy GIT2LD.bin to formatted SD card. Put the card in camera and power on. The camera just turn green and red light and nothing happened. Now the camera wont run anymore, when i take off SD card from camera it wont power on at all, and when i insert SD card with GIT2LD.bin on it, the green and red light is on - no blinking and nothing happens, it stays that way. I tried do put downgrade file - 1.1 version on SD card and also nothing happens when i turn it on.