Git2 Lens

Ross

I see that there are lenses available for the GitUp camera. I have read the posts, but I need to know how the lenses fit onto the Git2. From the product photos, they may thread in. I could use some advice and experience from someone who has done lens changing. Thanks so much.

gitup

Product Manager
Staff member
Website
www.gitup.com
All of the 90 degree lens will be higher than standard 170 fov lens.
To replace lens by yourself, you need know how to adjust the focus, also the 90 degree lens version does not fit for waterproof case.

Ross

All of the 90 degree lens will be higher than standard 170 fov lens.
To replace lens by yourself, you need know how to adjust the focus, also the 90 degree lens version does not fit for waterproof case.
Thank you so much for the reply. I don't mind changing the lens. What does "adjust the focus" mean to this conversion? I am very familiar with adjusting variable focus lenses as in the zoom lens. Particularly back focus. But, as this is a fixed lens, I would need to know how to adjust between infinity and close up. I am aware that the lens may not fit the waterproof case; this is not a concern. Thank you so much.

gitup

Product Manager
Staff member
Website
www.gitup.com
Thank you so much for the reply. I don't mind changing the lens. What does "adjust the focus" mean to this conversion? I am very familiar with adjusting variable focus lenses as in the zoom lens. Particularly back focus. But, as this is a fixed lens, I would need to know how to adjust between infinity and close up. I am aware that the lens may not fit the waterproof case; this is not a concern. Thank you so much.
As it is a fixed lens, so you need unscrew the lens first, then replace the new one and adjust the focus, then fixed it.

Ross

Product Manager: Thank you so much for description of how easy it is to adapt a new lens. Could you be a little more exact with: "...adjust the focus, then fixed it."

Alistair Parsons

once it is refocussed, ideally by using hdmi out to a TV. then the threads could be held in place by a non permenent like a drop of hot glue just so it doesnt unfocus

Ross

Very good. And, very simple. Like any engineer, I tend to think every thing is more complicated than it is. Now on to removing the lens. What "tool" is recommended for unscrewing the lens? It is a smooth, manufactured cylinder shape with no knurled surface or other machining that suggests a wrench or screwdriver. I tried just using my hand, but it doesn't budge, so I went no further. As to a "glue," I would probably use LockTite.

gitup

Product Manager
Staff member
Website
www.gitup.com
Very good. And, very simple. Like any engineer, I tend to think every thing is more complicated than it is. Now on to removing the lens. What "tool" is recommended for unscrewing the lens? It is a smooth, manufactured cylinder shape with no knurled surface or other machining that suggests a wrench or screwdriver. I tried just using my hand, but it doesn't budge, so I went no further. As to a "glue," I would probably use LockTite.
You can check this for reference.

Ross

Fantastic. While my German is very rusty (like non existent), I completely understand the process. Without this video, I would have been clueless. The application of a heat-gun to loosen the thread adhesive is a game changer. A lens, any lens, may have more than one focus pint depending on distance from the sensor (film plane) to subject. So, infinity becomes an important distance for focus. Now that I've seen this video, I would probably elect to not anchor the lens to the threads. I would like to focus the lens to subject resolution. But, a marker to show infinity would be included with my modification.

This forum is amazing. I went from a question regarding switching lenses to a competent tutorial on the complete steps to changing lenses. It is simple, but one needs all the details and complete steps...can't wait to try this and submit a video.

Thank you all.

Alexey

Hello! I've bought the 4.35 no-fisheye lens from a resseller in my country. He assured me that the lens is original and he ordered it from officials. Is there a way to make sure? Maybe some visible original features, or special packaging of the lens?