Git2 "Tag mode" While Loop Recording?

hotbrass

I recently got a Git2 and so far I really like it. The image quality looks great - especially for the price.

There is a mode I wish it had (and it may, but I can't find it). I ordered the wrist remote for it and was really hoping for a "Tag Mode" or at least a "HiLight Tagging" mode.

I have a Drift HD Ghost that has a tag mode and it is really nice for action shots. Essentially, the camera runs in loop mode constantly once you start it. When an event I want to record happens, I can push a button on the remote and it will save the video 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes prior to that button press. The user can specify how many minutes before the "tag" to save in the menu options. The camera then continues to record after the tag until the user presses the stop button on the remote.

This let you get the shots you want without having hours and hours of unwanted footage to sort through. I believe the GoPro cameras allow something similar or at least allow you to mark a particular point in the video so it can quickly be found during editing.

I use it primarily for fishing videos. I really don't need or want 7 hours of me just casting and moving around the lake, but I do want to capture the cast, hook set, and fight with a fish. Tag mode lets me do this. I think other action sports would find this useful as well. You never know when something awesome is going to happen.

Alistair Parsons

you can lock a video, moves it do a different folder and makes it read only, you can set the menu button to do this on the fly, or with g sensor

hotbrass

Okay. That's good to know. Does it just save the minutes up to the button push? It would also be really nice if that was an available option from the remote. Thanks for the reply!

Alistair Parsons

Not from the remote, possibly from the official app when its released
it saves the current segment of the loop, as in if its 5 mins loop recording, it saves that 5 minute section, so if action ios happening near the changeover point you could get unlucky

hotbrass

Okay. Thanks for the replies. I'll experiment with the loop times and see what works best for catching the action. Maybe a "tag mode" is something Gitup can put in a firmware update. I think it would certainly be a nice feature for those who do action sports and would want to make sure they get specific actions on film without having hours and hours of video to sort through.

Serbig

Hi everyone,

I came across this thread because I was looking for the exact same feature. I use my Git2 to film the motorcycle trips I take with friends and don't want to go through hours of boring straight roads. I would love to only have the bendy roads or other noteworthy things like beautiful scenery etc.

I'll try out the tips posted above. However, it would be great to have a dedicated “tag“ function so that you don't have a problem with those changeover points.

Greetings from Germany