GIT2 vs GIT2P

Which is better

• Total voters

Radek

Dear GitUP/users,

I need help. It's hard to find sensible opinions.
Gitup made a mess in my brain with these "new" version. I need to quickly buy a camera and decided that Gitup will be better that SJCAM5000x Elite.
Then I realized that there is new version with Panasonic sensor. And it seems to me that movies with Pana sensor looks better, but is it really true? It is hard to compare as youtube reviews may be misleading, different settings on purpose etc. Price is more less the same so this is not an issue.

I want to use it mostly as dashcam car/motorbike + occasionally bike and water etc.

Can you tell me what do you think (git2 vs git2p 170*)

0. Why Gitup released panasonic version? Git3 is apparently on the way. Problems with sony sensors stock?

1. Which one is better? :)

2. Which have better quality in low light?

3. Firmware... GIT2 is something like 1.7 now. GIT2P has something like 1.0. Are they actually almost the same? I mean after many updates functionality of GIT2 is great. Is it the same with GIT2P - more less same options?
Does it mean that Gitup will stop updating software for GIT2 and next updates will be released only for GIT2P, even when GIT3 will be on the market. I think it is not easy to support new product + many old products as it is expensive and revenue isn't that good. So which one will be supported for longer?

Thank you very much
Rad

Alistair Parsons

0. yes sensor stock was the issue.
3. seeing as the firmwares arent compatible, ansd most peoplehave git2 non P, they definitely wont just release updatesforGit2P

Git3 is almost ready for sale, it is 12MP but bigger pixels mean lowlight is much better...

Last edited by a moderator:

Radek

I am going for a motorbike trip in three weeks. I need it almost now :) any more answers for my questions please? :)

Radek

Alistair Parsons,

I've seen this one. Unfortunately it doesn't :)
I've seen comment that gyro in git2p isn't as good as one in git2. Maybe Gitup would like to add some comment here

TMVideo

Firmware... GIT2 is something like 1.7 now. GIT2P has something like 1.0. Are they actually almost the same? I mean after many updates functionality of GIT2 is great. Is it the same with GIT2P - more less same options?
Git2P firmware v1.0.1 is equal of Git2 firmware v.1.6 ( they are not compatible, I mean the set of functions).

Radek

Alistair Parsons, why would you choose nonP?
Which one has lower noise? Colours is something that probably can be changed, but bitrate and general details not really.
Is it true that P version has much better mic?

I've asked in another thread whether there is MOD3 for 170 P version but no reply unfortunately (much higher maximum bitrate).

It is strange, some videos shows that nonP has better colours, some the opposite. And clearly Gitup doesn't want to help. As git2 are still available, that stock isse with sony sensors was only temporary?
Cheers