Git2, When connected to any Pc / Laptop with different usb cables will not show up???

Running Man

Hi Just recently purchased my new GIT2_V14_0324. I thought I would upgrade to the Latest and stable firmware, version number is "GIT2_V1.5_20160621", released on 21th June 2016

I have now connected my GIT2 to 2 x Computers and one Laptop, using 2 different usb cables.

After each connection the GIT2 led screen displays that the battery is charging, but no usb external drive or usb storage device is showing up on any PC or Laptop.

Any ideas please?

ps, I have a new Kingston 32GB microsd card in the camera, I have formatted it in the camera and formatted it on a PC, I have recorded some footage and then connected it but still I only see the battery charging symbol on the GIT2 led screen - nothing showing on my PC's / LAPTOP etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Running Man

Thank you Alistair - I tried a third very small in length usb cable and all sytems now recognize the camera as an extra device.

Running Man

I have a few various usb cables that fit my Git2 but the 2 x small usb cables (approx 4+1/2 inches in length) are the only two that work.
Not even the usb cable that came with the double battery and charger pack works with the Git2, even though it works fine with the charger pack itself - strange...???

Running Man

Update. I bought the Git2 Pro + 30+accessories and forgot to open the box within the original Git2 box that had the usb cable in. This usb cable that came with the camera does in fact work at connecting the Git2 to any PC / Laptop. I have now marked this cable with a piece of stripped electrical tape for identification purposes... :)