GPS Module - A119-V3

TXGE

Hey All,
New to the forum.
I just received my dashcam, w/ a GPS module.
I hard wired it to the fuse panel, but I'm not getting any power/response w/ the GPS module.
The camera powers up fine, when I directly plug it in, but not through the GPS module.
The connection appears to be fine and clean, when I snap the module to the camera.
I'm just wondering, if I have a faulty module, or if I'm missing something.
I have not installed the module or camera yet, until I figure out that the module either works, or has to be returned.
Note: I purchased it through Amazon.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Capture Your Action

Your using a GPS mount meant for the A119V3 correct? A A119V2 GPS mount will not work.

Have you tried alternate power sources and/or cables? Poor power could diminish further when power has to transmit through another device before reaching the camera. Aftermarket cables are usually a poor choice as they are of thinner gauge, which allows too much voltage drop.

TXGE

Your using a GPS mount meant for the A119V3 correct? A A119V2 GPS mount will not work.

Have you tried alternate power sources and/or cables? Poor power could diminish further when power has to transmit through another device before reaching the camera. Aftermarket cables are usually a poor choice as they are of thinner gauge, which allows too much voltage drop.
I hardwired it with the kit provided from Viofo.

Tapped the power source red 30 fuse, the yellow ACC fuze, and grounded with the 3rd wire.

I also tested it with the cigarrette lighter power source, and the results are all the same.

Power doesn't seem to be the issue, and the GPS module appears to be the correct one...it was delivered with the camera as a set (GPS module).

The 3 images below, reflect the camera directly plugged (working), the GPS module attached & plugged (not working), and the sticker for the module.

Attachments

Capture Your Action

Either the GPM mount is defective or there is an issue with the ribbon cable that connects power from the connectors on the back of the camera to the main board. I’d contact your seller and see what they say.