Great Dashcam, but two video related problems...

mknagata

I love my new A129, but I am seeking for advice on two video-viewing related problems. Here's my hardware situation: 1) A129 Duo, hardwired by a professional installer into a Ford SUV, 2) running latest 1.5 firmware, 3) trying to view and/or download videos onto an iPhone X, iOS 12.1.4 with VIOFO app installed, 4) WiFi (when powered on) set for 5GHZ wireless.

1. When I use the iOS App to view any 3-minute clip in the video library, streaming via 5GHZ WiFi, the video will freeze after about 30 to 45 seconds. If I manually move the video slider forward or backward, I can sometimes get it to resume playback, but it will again freeze after a few seconds. After many attempts, I've never been able to watch an entire 3-minute video using my Phone, and this happens with every file. The WiFi distance between the A129 and my phone is quite short because I'm always inside the car when I try this. Also, I confirmed the video files are not the problem... if I remove the SD card and play the files on my computer, each video plays perfectly.

2. I have successfully downloaded video files onto my App via 5GHZ WiFi, but this also starts-and-stops in the download process. Because downloading often freezes for 10 to 15 seconds before resuming, downloading a 3-minute clip took more than 20 minutes, and it probably would have taken less than 10 minutes if it weren't constantly pausing the download for 10 to 15 seconds.

I still really like the camera system, but appreciate any advice anyone has.

Mar.S.

I can give you two tips.
  1. Try switching the WiFi to 2.4GHz.
  2. Disconnect the rear camera before connecting the WiFi. Yes, the advice is unusual, but you try it.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Have you updated the app to the lastest, the latest version should improve the speed in 5Ghz mode on iPhone.