Hard Wired A129 no longer shuts down.

Marrtin

After about two years of faultless operation, one of my 3 wired A129's has suddenly, of it's own accord, stopped shutting down with the ignition.

Swapping the cameras (but not the mount) saw the fault stay with the vehicle, so I changed the power lead.

Now, instead of recording in drive mode 24/7, the camera shuts down after exactly a minute and half. Parking modes are off, but are there any other settings that could cause the delayed shutdown? I'm sure it didn't do it before.

Physically disconnecting the yellow lead makes no difference by the way.

benkar

After about two years of faultless operation, one of my 3 wired A129's has suddenly, of it's own accord, stopped shutting down with the ignition.

Swapping the cameras (but not the mount) saw the fault stay with the vehicle, so I changed the power lead.

Now, instead of recording in drive mode 24/7, the camera shuts down after exactly a minute and half. Parking modes are off, but are there any other settings that could cause the delayed shutdown? I'm sure it didn't do it before.

Physically disconnecting the yellow lead makes no difference by the way.
Does it make every time? In my case it happens that sometimes the camera does not turn off after turning off the ignition. And vice versa, sometimes it does not turn on after starting. It is often not often, but it happens. I don't know where to look for a problem.

Marrtin

Does it make every time? In my case it happens that sometimes the camera does not turn off after turning off the ignition. And vice versa, sometimes it does not turn on after starting. It is often not often, but it happens. I don't know where to look for a problem.
To be honest, I am not totally sure because, of course, you don't always notice but all I can say is everytime I look it's recording, and the memory card is full of recent files.

Capture Your Action

Are you using the Viofo 3-wire kit? Of so, once the kit senses voltage below the low voltage cutoff, the kit shuts off power after exactly 90 seconds. My guess is your issue is related in some way.

Marrtin

Ah, thank you, I overlooked the battery is a little down and the low voltage switch was set at it's highest setting.

What I do know now is, if the camera is powered directly, it works fine, but if powered from the mount, it doesn't.