hardwire connection for the EV (Skoda Enyaq / ID.4)

kane

Hello, is there anyone who already connected the dashcam with parking mode for 24/7 power up to the VW ID.4 / Skoda Enyaq?
Could you suggest which port would be the best?
Also, did you noticed any impact on radio (or other system) quality?

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, is there anyone who already connected the dashcam with parking mode for 24/7 power up to the VW ID.4 / Skoda Enyaq?
Could you suggest which port would be the best?
Also, did you noticed any impact on radio (or other system) quality?
Hello,

Do you mean which fuse box's port is the best for the fuse connected with the HK3 hardwire kits? Could you please share two pictures of the fuse boxes of your two cars?

kane

Hello,
that's exactly my question :)
I cant provide the photo as I am currently at work, but here is the screen from manual.
I have Skoda Enyaq only, but ID.4 is a technical twin.
thank you

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
that's exactly my question :)
I cant provide the photo as I am currently at work, but here is the screen from manual.
I have Skoda Enyaq only, but ID.4 is a technical twin.
thank you
View attachment 1064
View attachment 1065
Sorry to tell you that I cannot tell you directly which fuse box is the best for the fuse connected with the HK3 hardwire kits. Because you need to test among the "Not used" fuse boxes.

How to test the fuse boxes?
You can separately use the red wire and yellow wire to test out which fuse box doesn't supply power after the ignition is off, as well as being able to power the dashcam power after the ignition is on.

I'm attaching a PDF file that includes more details about testing the fuse boxes. You can read it as a reference.

Attachments

Last edited: