Hardwire kit question. A119 V3

Leeyawn

Hello,

I recently installed a Viofo A119 V3 on my M3 with a hardwire kit. I rarely drive the vehicle (once or maybe twice a month) and was wondering with the hardwire kit installed but unplugged from the camera itself, will it still "drain" the battery until the cut off setting is hit? If so...I plan on installing an on and off switch that is connected to the constant power wire to cut off the power when just sitting in the garage. Please advice.

Thanks.

Capture Your Action

There is an LED inside the 12V to 5V converter box. That is the only thing that will pull power, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Leeyawn

There is an LED inside the 12V to 5V converter box. That is the only thing that will pull power, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Awesome thank you for your fast reply! Actually, this VIOFO a119 v3 came from your store! Thank you for the product!

Last question, the vehicle will be on a battery tender will that LED light be a problematic drain and slowly ruin my battery? If so should I then install the on/off switch?

Thanks!

Capture Your Action

Thank you for ordering from us!

If your gonna have the car battery connected to a battery tender when not in use, that LED drain will never be an issue. The battery tender will always keep the battery topped off.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
If you unplugged it, no necessary to worry the hardwire kits itself for drain the battery.