Hardwire won’t turn on

M7R

The hard wire kit doesn’t seem to work, but I have tried 2 now and both won’t power the unit.

The first official 3 wire kit wouldn’t power on the unit (Skoda Octavia 2013 using fuse taps that most others seem to use being 12V socket as perm live and then an unused switched live in the use box but I did also try the rear wiper too as that’s switched). The unit would not turn on, didn’t matter if the power lead was in the mount or the actual camera. Using the supplied USB lead it powers up fine. I then left the car over night with the 2 fuse taps in but no earth and the next day when I was able to carry on with the install the battery was completely flat! Not just 11v cut off flat I’m talking no interior lights, etc flat. 15 mins charging from another car to get nine going flat!

Sent that 3 wire back to Amazon and ordered another. Fitted that tonight and before I put all the trim back I tested it, worked fine. So routed it properly, put all the trim back. Sod all then happens! Dead as a dodo! Even with the engine running and the cut off set to 11x volts, nothing.

So it is now running off the USB lead and fag lighter adaptor again,

Any ideas? Am I just doing something wrong? I have tried unplugging the taps, putting them back in with ignition on, ignition off, perm first, or perm last... nothing seems to make it work. Could it be something as daft as I have WiFi on all the time? I have a GPS mount if that makes any odds and the rear camera too as I got a duo.

Thanks

acanicio

The hard wire kit doesn’t seem to work, but I have tried 2 now and both won’t power the unit.

The first official 3 wire kit wouldn’t power on the unit (Skoda Octavia 2013 using fuse taps that most others seem to use being 12V socket as perm live and then an unused switched live in the use box but I did also try the rear wiper too as that’s switched). The unit would not turn on, didn’t matter if the power lead was in the mount or the actual camera. Using the supplied USB lead it powers up fine. I then left the car over night with the 2 fuse taps in but no earth and the next day when I was able to carry on with the install the battery was completely flat! Not just 11v cut off flat I’m talking no interior lights, etc flat. 15 mins charging from another car to get nine going flat!

Sent that 3 wire back to Amazon and ordered another. Fitted that tonight and before I put all the trim back I tested it, worked fine. So routed it properly, put all the trim back. Sod all then happens! Dead as a dodo! Even with the engine running and the cut off set to 11x volts, nothing.

So it is now running off the USB lead and fag lighter adaptor again,

Any ideas? Am I just doing something wrong? I have tried unplugging the taps, putting them back in with ignition on, ignition off, perm first, or perm last... nothing seems to make it work. Could it be something as daft as I have WiFi on all the time? I have a GPS mount if that makes any odds and the rear camera too as I got a duo.

Thanks
It won't help you much, but I'm having the same problem. The kit worked for half an hour before calling it quits...
See my thread from yesterday 9.16 pm.
I'm still looking for a solution...

Capture Your Action

If the kit is powered, you will see a red led light glowing inside the voltage convertor box. Do you see a light? If there is no light, then 12V is not going to the hardwire kit or something's wrong with the kit. Did you check to see if the fuse blew?
You have red BATT wire tapped into an always on 12V fuse?
You have yellow ACC wire tapped into a fuse that is only live when car is running? Check with a meter. Don't assume it shuts off with the car just because whatever it's powering isn't working when car is off. In my car, the sunroof does not work when car is off, but the sunroof fuse is still always live.
Make sure black ground wire is attached to an unpainted surface that connects to the metal framing under the dash.

Make sure your running firmware V1.5 and powering the camera directly, not through the mount.

Don_Perrignon

Make sure the add a fuses are good. Like make sure, you might go to your auto shop and buy some to make sure. This happened to me. I did everything correctly and found out it was the add a fuse. Took a mechanic to figure it out.