Hardwiring cable yellow color help

speed_Freakz

I bought Viofo 139 3ch camera with hardwire cable.
I own 2012 Mazda 2 sport.

The problem is I don't have a single fuse that is constantly on, I checked with a multimeter and not a single one. Now I don't want to go under the hood through the firewall, but I still want to do hardwiring cause I don't want cables dangling around the car while using a lighter plug.

However, I connected the yellow wire to the fuse that gets power when the car is switched on (cause that's the only fuses that I can use inside) and I connected the ground wire, but the camera doesn't turn on. Is this how it should be? basically, can the camera turn on if the red wire isn't connected anywhere?

Now, if I connect the red wire to another fuse, the camera switches on when the ignition is started. At one forum I read that in case of not using parking mode, that both red and yellow wires should be connected to the same fuse, is this true?

Capture Your Action

All three wires must be connected. You can tie the red and yellow together in the same accessory fuse and it should be OK if you don't need parking mode. There are some users who claim their cameras sometimes fail to start due to this, so I would recommend keeping an eye on the camera until you know it reliably starts every time.

speed_Freakz

All three wires must be connected. You can tie the red and yellow together in the same accessory fuse and it should be OK if you don't need parking mode. There are some users who claim their cameras sometimes fail to start due to this, so I would recommend keeping an eye on the camera until you know it reliably starts every time.
Will do that , thanks

AaronIE

You should find a constant live fuse in the internal Mazda fusebox. Perhaps you are only testing one side of the fuse port? Only one side will have a positive voltage.

Examples of constant live fuses: Alarm, Door lock

speed_Freakz

You should find a constant live fuse in the internal Mazda fusebox. Perhaps you are only testing one side of the fuse port? Only one side will have a positive voltage.

Examples of constant live fuses: Alarm, Door lock
I tested both sides. The ones that you mentioned are all external fuses.

AaronIE

Damn I'm surprised but I guess it's to keep everything nice and small in the cabin.

Is your overhead dome light always live? You could dismantle the fitting and splice into that live wire.

speed_Freakz

Damn I'm surprised but I guess it's to keep everything nice and small in the cabin.

Is your overhead dome light always live? You could dismantle the fitting and splice into that live wire.
No, I checked that one first. Same thing. Literally not a single thing is live in internal compartment.
Also, it seems that it turns itself off after some time after the door is locked.

I didn't want to cut anything, really wanted to do it without any damage.

I ended up wiring the camera without parking mode.. I was too afraid to go through the firewall. I will let some professional do that for me at some point.