Here's a review. . .

Git2_Owner

Here's my two-sentence review: The Git2 a decent, low-priced action-cam, but GitUp is not a company whose promises you can trust. In particular, do not buy a GitUp camera if phone-app control matters to you; GitUp has been lying to customers about the app development horizon for over 8 months.

Want more info? Read on. . .

It's officially May 1st today. This date is a significant one, because GitUp has misrepresented itself to customers once again, after promising phone control-apps for the Git2 camera for over 8 months—most recently, they have been promising an April release for the apps. That target has come and gone, just like the many development targets before it. Hundreds—maybe even thousands—of prospective customers have relied on the promise of those phone apps coming soon when they purchased a Git2, only to then discover that GitUp wasn't actually serious about those promises.

And, let's be clear: There aren't even any screenshots of an app floating around, and, as far as I can tell, GitUp refuses to answer direct customer questions about current app features. I've worked in technology for 30 years, and I have come to suspect that this is the likely truth:

GitUp is not actually serious about developing phone apps for this generation of camera. There is a strong possibility that we will never see an iOS or Android app for the Git2—it may be too late in the Git2 lifecycle for them to invest in delivering the promised apps. But, at a minimum, they should be honest with us—and with prospective purchasers—about that failure.

Many of us bought the Git2 last fall specifically because we read GitUp's constant assurances that apps were just weeks away. Then, we kept the camera, because GitUp told us it would definitely be April for the release(s).

This issue is about fairness and honesty in the marketplace. Let's get together and make GitUp take this community and its consumers seriously.

If you agree, please add the below signature to every post you make here. Hopefully, enough people will see it that GitUp will finally be forced to make some effort to explain what has happened and what they are doing to remedy it.

Finally, no one would be happier to find out the above is wrong, and apps are on their way in "the next few weeks" that they have promised for 8 months. I will happily delete this review if that happens.

Thanks for considering!
------
NOTE: If you're reading this message and considering a GitUp camera, be aware that GitUp does not not appear to be serious about ever developing an iOS or Android app for its cameras. The current third-party phone apps are horrible, so avoid this camera if phone control matters at all to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

TechTronic9000

You already have something like 5-6 free apps on the market that already WORK with the Git1 and also the Git2. This is an action camera, i seriously doubt that those who do "action videos" with it also use a smart phone with it.

prakalejas

Name them. On Android we have:
FinalCam https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cam.dod&hl=en - does not work with Git2 and CM13 6.0.1
FN cam https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fusionnext.nv.camera - has annoying logo and not all settings

And that's it.
You already have something like 5-6 free apps on the market that already WORK with the Git1 and also the Git2. This is an action camera, i seriously doubt that those who do "action videos" with it also use a smart phone with it.

TechTronic9000

FinalCam works for me
FN cam also works
you can add
Fusion Next on the list, also works
There is also CameraFi which is a very interesting OTG app.
You can also connect to the WiFi of the camera directly and send commands and view it.

And beside all of this you can use the RF remote