High noise and washed clarity on front camera, many dead pixels on rear camera

neutrinoP

Indeed the regular cards can cause all sort of malfunctions in the dashcams. I have a 64G endurance too, and the image comes out the same on my camera. I think that on my device is something related to the firmware, but even after testing various versions, and returning to the latest, the image quality has not changed. Which makes me willing to open the camera to reveal the sensor :eek: :))))))))
But I wish I could open the firmware instead, and tweak it, debug it, never too old to learn new stuff. If only Viofo would allow me to do it.

neutrinoP

Me again.
So I switched to 4K full bitrate, and today I have noticed something odd with the display of the speed and personalised stamp name.
There are some strange characters being generated as seen in the picture.
Same thing was happening with the previous v2.0 and v2.1-first firmware, and I have not noticed this until I have switched to 4K from 1080/60
Temporary fix would be for me to go back to 1080/60 for the front.
BTW, the strange characters are not displayed on the rear camera image.

Attachments

neutrinoP

Long time no see!
I am recently keeping both front and rear cameras at 1080/30, the front one has better sensitivity for low light at this framerate.
One example recently, which I used the camera to make someone "famous", is here in this VIDEO But even like this in this setting, the aperture size of the front camera being smaller than the back is obvious. Wish there would be a replacement kit to open the aperture to 1.6 instead of 1.8.
And I see that there's still no new firmware update which would fix the random characters generated in 4K and reduce the high noise of the front camera.

In other hands... what's going on? so many spam bots recently invading the site?

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
May I know which firmware version do you use?
Can you show me the random characters in 4K?
We recommend setting the 4K resolution for the front instead of 1080P.

neutrinoP

I shared in Nov. 30 right here in this thread it's right above my last post post-40277 with this image, and firmware is the latest. I tried to redownload, rewrite firmware, everything, on 4K the bottom will have random characters instead of the normal stamp. :) 909

neutrinoP

Me again, with the request to fix the WDR. I so need the high amplification in darkness, and to adjust its ISO and exposure according to the amount of light received. The way it behaves now, with activation of high ISO only in the presence of a light source is not good.
Please do it on the next firmware. Thank you.
P.S.: I'm on the latest April firmware. Everything else works good.