How can I differentiate the GPS and non-GPS mounts of A129?

Cindy

Administrator
Staff member
How can I differentiate the GPS and non-GPS mounts of A129 - either visually or by weight or other means.. I ask this because the seller sent me a non-GPS mount when I had ordered a GPS one.

VIOFO-Swin

The appearance of the GPS and non-GPS mount is the same, so they can not be differentiate visually.
If you have both mounts in hand, you can differentiate by weight, the non-GPS mount is a little lighter than the GPS mount.
Besides, you can differentiate them when recording: choose "on" for the setting of "GPS", if it is GPS mount, there will be speed shown in the video, if it is non-GPS mount, it shows "No GPS".

Emily Ma

Both GPS mount and non GPS mount can be used for charging, the only difference is that GPS mount can read GPS information, while non GPS mount cannot.

Last edited:

Vicky Zhang

Can you please check if the GPS icon on camera will be green after mount the GPS mount in 1 ~ 2 mins. If not then it should be a non GPS mount.
You can also differentiate by weight. GPS mount is 18g and non GPS mount is 12g.

grace viofo

The GPS mount and non GPS mount is the same appearance, so the only way to differentiate it is to install the mount and turn on the camera to see, if there is a GPS stamp on the screen, it's a GPS mount.