I am now concerned that the apps will never come.

Do you believe GitUp will release an app in April, as previously promised?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Git2_Owner

After 8 months of unmet expectations, I am starting to suspect that the Android or iOS apps will never be released—or they will be released so far toward the end of the product's relevant life cycle that many of us will have moved on to new camera platforms.

And, before the fanboys rush in or criticize me as a hater, let's acknowledge that, at a minimum, GitUp has not prioritized app development, even as they repeatedly suggested to Git2 owners that the apps were right around the corner. I can remember being explicitly told early last fall that the iOS app would be released in October. That target came and went, while GitUp continued to say "soon." We're in April. If this month comes and goes without apps, I think it's fair to say that GitUp has failed—yet again—to be honest with us about its dev priorities and capabilities.

Finally, let me be fair to GitUp: the camera itself is good. The revolving app development horizon, however, is wearing thin. At this point, I probably would not recommend the camera to friends, because I don't appreciate the shine-on about apps.

Tom

With gitup communication is some problem anyways..... They are't responding for any sended questions...

Git2_Owner

Two days left in April and no app is even being mentioned. It seems highly likely that GitUp has lied to us again, after explicitly saying in communications with customers that April was going to be the release month.

If no app is delivered before May, we need to start holding GitUp's feet to the fire. Every forum user who cares about the apps, and who is tired of being lied to about development, should include the below signature on every post to this forum, until such time as an app appears.

Let's band together and make GitUp pay attention to this issue, instead of lying about development, over and over again. We have never even seen so much as a screenshot of an app.

Here's the signature:

------
NOTE: If you're reading this message and considering a GitUp camera, be aware that GitUp does not not appear to be serious about ever developing an iOS or Android app for GitUp cameras. The current third-party phone apps are horrible, so avoid this camera if phone control matters at all to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

unicoizulu

Noob question, but what will the app do? Been looking at buying this camera, but kinda question support.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Git2_Owner

At a minimum, it would let you connect to the camera, over its own Wi-Fi, to view what's coming through the lens and control the camera's main functions, as well as view what's stored on the SD card.

For example, the $68 Xiaomi Yi action-cam's app lets you see the video, start and stop recording, and view all photos and videos, as well as download them to your phone. It works great!

But, GitUp has been bullshitting about its vaporware apps for 8 months, claiming they were about to be released in a few weeks, any time a user asked. The last time I got hold of them, they told me that the apps would be ready in April.
------
NOTE: If you're reading this message and considering a GitUp camera, be aware that GitUp does not not appear to be serious about ever developing an iOS or Android app for GitUp cameras. The current third-party phone apps are horrible, so avoid this camera if phone control matters at all to you.

unicoizulu

Think I may look at the Xiaomi Yi. I just need a camera for kayaking. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Sparktastic

8 Months is a long time in this market.
As you point out, new and in some cases, better products are being released monthly.

These camera's are being used for multiple purposes around the world and therefore the potential market is huge - If you get it right!
In Russia, for example, almost every second car on the road now has a Dashcam. Git cameras are used as Dashcams too..
Drone use and aerial photography is becoming commonplace as Drone prices reduce and operation becomes simpler.

Sadly, Gitup is not alone here. I purchased an expensive Uniden radio scanner nearly two years ago. The purchase was made, in part, due to promises that Uniden made in relation to Android control apps. Those apps never materialized and now the product is approaching EOL.

I would venture to say though, that the market for Action/Dash cams is much greater than radio scanners.
Manufacturers need to recognize that if they don't fulfill promises in a timely manner, they will get crucified in public forums and creamed by their
competition.

I dont want to be racist, but aren´t the chinese smart enough to make an app? i´m waiting too, im getting concerned now, and angry :mad:

Taavi

Okay...it would be nice to have app for the camera because the Final CAM keeps crashing BUT is it really necessary? GitUp has screen, you can adjust all the settings throught the screen and when having remote you can start and stop etc the filming.
With XiamiYi i understand the need for app because it lacks the screen. Or do people really need to chage the settings and stuff all the time? then i think it would be easier with app, but otherwise....
Just my opinion...

KW New England

When I received my Git2 from Banggood last week it came with a card that said the app "will be available in 4 to 6 weeks", so nothing to worry about. *

*(sarcasm)

Git2_Owner

Hi Taavi,

I appreciate that you don't care about phone apps, but you're missing the point: GitUP have repeatedly bullshitted their customers about apps—for eight months. Many people have purchased the Git2 explicitly because they trusted that GitUp was being honest about app development.

If we don't stand up for our fellows Git2 owners here, GitUp will learn that it can easily get away with screwing customers and ignoring development promises. And, remember: next time, you may care about the feature that GitUp promises or breaks.

This forum is the only way, outside of product reviews, that new customers have any chance of finding out that GitUp does not take its promises to customers seriously. Please do the rest of us a favor and don't let GitUp be successful by ignoring those promises.

If anyone reading this agrees, join me in including the below signature on every forum post you make here.

Thanks!

------

Okay...it would be nice to have app for the camera because the Final CAM keeps crashing BUT is it really necessary? GitUp has screen, you can adjust all the settings throught the screen and when having remote you can start and stop etc the filming.
With XiamiYi i understand the need for app because it lacks the screen. Or do people really need to chage the settings and stuff all the time? then i think it would be easier with app, but otherwise....
Just my opinion...

Git2_Owner

TO EVERYONE WHO ANSWERED THE POLL NEGATIVELY, YOU WERE RIGHT!

It's officially May 1st. GitUp has buttfucked us once again, after promising an April release for phone apps. And, let's be clear: There aren't even any screenshots floating around, and GitUp refuses to answer direct customer questions about app features. I've worked in software for 30 years. Here's the likely truth: They're not developing the apps for this generation. We will never see a GitUp iOS or Android app for the Git2 cam.

Stop accepting this kind of horseshit from GitUp. You may be fine with just using the screen, but remember that this is not about whether you won't use the apps—it's about GitUp repeatedly lying to this community and to consumers who are on the fence about buying the Git2. Many of us bought the Git2 last fall specifically because we read GitUp's constant assurances that apps were just weeks away. Then, we kept the camera rather than selling it, because GitUp told us it would definitely be April for the release(s).

This is about fairness and honesty in the marketplace. Let's get together and make GitUp take this community seriously.

If you agree, please add the below signature to every post you make here. Hopefully, enough people will see it that GitUp will at least make some effort to explain what has happened and what they are doing to fix it.

Thanks for considering!

------
NOTE: If you're reading this message and considering a GitUp camera, be aware that GitUp does not not appear to be serious about ever developing an iOS or Android app for its cameras. The current third-party phone apps are horrible, so avoid this camera if phone control matters at all to you.

KW New England

I have to agree, _Owner, the box explicitly proclaims android and iOS support, and right in these forums people were getting the card I got six months ago. GIVE US THE APPS. And we'll give our opinions about them when they arrive.

Git2_Owner

Thank you so much, KW, for the support! If we can marshal enough forum-users to join this fight, I am hoping we can get GitUp to finally take us seriously!
------
NOTE: If you're reading this message and considering a GitUp camera, be aware that GitUp does not not appear to be serious about ever developing an iOS or Android app for its cameras. The current third-party phone apps are horrible, so avoid this camera if phone control matters at all to you.