Installing hardware wire kit

Tharanga

Hi all,

I just purchased a129 duo and so far no problem, except I just accidentally pushed the sd card in to the camera (LOL), not in to the slot. So camera was opened and the card was picked and pushed in to the card slot correctly. I am planing to buy a hardware kit to keep parking mode functioning. I just would like to ask a few questions.

1. When this is connected, should the current power supply that comes from the charger/lighter socket disconnected? It is instructed to connect to the camera, not to the GPS mount. If so the other end of hardware kit is connected to the USB port of the camera?

2. What is the voltage/current to be selected for a129 duo in that little controller box?

3. Could anyone kindly upload a video or photos of connecting red, yellow and black wires to the fuse box?

Thanks in advance.
Looking forward to your positive and helpful advice.

jalopez08

That video was very helpful. At 30:50 in the video, the guy says that the red lights should be on when the vehicle is off so that the a129 can get constant power for the parking mode. My issue is that although I have my red wire connected to a fuse that gives constant power and the red lights come on, after I turn off my car and about one minute later, the red lights turn off. I know that I get constant power in that fuse since I have checked with a testing screwdriver. Any idea why this happens or what I need to do to fix it?

Tharanga

That video was very helpful. At 30:50 in the video, the guy says that the red lights should be on when the vehicle is off so that the a129 can get constant power for the parking mode. My issue is that although I have my red wire connected to a fuse that gives constant power and the red lights come on, after I turn off my car and about one minute later, the red lights turn off. I know that I get constant power in that fuse since I have checked with a testing screwdriver. Any idea why this happens or what I need to do to fix it?

Thanks. few more questions
What is the voltage/current to be selected for a129 duo in that little controller box?
Can we use any empty fuse slot that gives the necessary current in any fuse boards that are next to the steering wheel

Capture Your Action

Voltage cutoff probably being reached. Try a lower cutoff setting.

Are you sure there is still power at the fuse after the kit shuts off? Did you check with a meter after the one minute point.

Tharanga

Voltage cutoff probably being reached. Try a lower cutoff setting.

Are you sure there is still power at the fuse after the kit shuts off? Did you check with a meter after the one minute point.
Hi, could you kindly let me know the followings?

What is the voltage/current to be selected for a129 duo in that little controller box?
Can we use any empty fuse slot that gives the necessary current in any fuse boards that are next to the steering wheel ?

Capture Your Action

Hi, could you kindly let me know the followings?

Can we use any empty fuse slot that gives the necessary current in any fuse boards that are next to the steering wheel ?
Which voltage cutoff you use will depend on the battery health. New batteries might work fine at 12.4V, while older batteries or cars not driven as much might need to be set for 12V. I would start at 12.4V and see how long before the kit cuts power to the camera. Adjust accordingly.
You normally do not use an empty fuse slot. You use tap a fuse wires to tap into currently occupied slot. I would check the fuses with a meter to be sure there is power at the fuse when the car is on or off. Fuse for red wire needs constant power, while the yellow wire needs power only when car is running.

Tharanga

Which voltage cutoff you use will depend on the battery health. New batteries might work fine at 12.4V, while older batteries or cars not driven as much might need to be set for 12V. I would start at 12.4V and see how long before the kit cuts power to the camera. Adjust accordingly.
You normally do not use an empty fuse slot. You use tap a fuse wires to tap into currently occupied slot. I would check the fuses with a meter to be sure there is power at the fuse when the car is on or off. Fuse for red wire needs constant power, while the yellow wire needs power only when car is running.
Thanks a lot. That is really helpful, in deed.

Tharanga

Hi,

Thank you very for your input. I have been going through it and improving my knowledge.
Could you kindly let me know why he is using 15A fuse (In another video, I noticed the person is using 10A fuse)? Or what is the amperage of the fuse should be used there?

Thanks a lot

benkar

Hi,

Thank you very for your input. I have been going through it and improving my knowledge.
Could you kindly let me know why he is using 15A fuse (In another video, I noticed the person is using 10A fuse)? Or what is the amperage of the fuse should be used there?

Thanks a lot
They use too strong fuses, which then do not fulfill their function. Use fuse 1A.

Last edited:

Capture Your Action

Hi,

Thanks a lot
You can tap into 5, 10, 15 or 20 amp fuses in the fuse box, but the fuse that is used to protect the camera should be 5A or less.

Tharanga

You can tap into 5, 10, 15 or 20 amp fuses in the fuse box, but the fuse that is used to protect the camera should be 5A or less.
Thank you very much and really sorry for bothering you. I must say, I learnt a lot from you. The hardwire kit will be with me sooner. So I'll tell you the progress.